Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Starlight said:
    @ThatFelixGuy I pronounce it like “gone” or “on” with a “sc” in front , so “sc-on” if that makes sense? Ahaha
    WRONG!

S-cone lmao. This was the exact argument we had haha

It's not wrong..it depends what part of the UK it comes from.
  • Options
    Another thing.. if you say it using your phonics. You'll say the O as a long vowel. Like cone.
    But either way is correct based on where you are from. As said above, both ways are valid. @Starlight you say it correct too💕
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Words are complicated things :joy: 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    Yep! Even more complicated by accents and different slang terms for different locations. 
    When you actually look at phonics and sound out a word, makes you question everything 😂
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit
    Hiya
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Hey Shaunie ! :)
  • Options
    How are you Liam?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I'm good! other than accidentally sending pics in SC which were supposed to go to GC and embarrassing myself :lol: i didnt even know i was in sc. Ah well, how are you pal? hows the wee pupper?
  • Options
    Hello @Liam

Loving the toy story picture 
  • Options
    @GreenTea hey pal! thanks haha :smiley:
  • Options
    You're welcome! @Liam
    Who's your favourite character?
  • Options
    Ohhh, tough one. Buzz, Wheezy or Forky i think! @GreenTea
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Ohhh, tough one. Buzz, Wheezy or Forky i think! @GreenTea

Ahh I love forky lol
  • Options
    Haha oh no!  And teddy he okay. Very tired bless him
  • Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    OK so my family all say S-cone...my sister says Sc-one...

By method of vote, I am right, correct? :P
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    OK so my family all say S-cone...my sister says Sc-one...

By method of vote, I am right, correct? :P
    No. There is no right or wrong way to say it. Both ways are fine and valid
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Morning how are we all doing today?
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2020
    My argument with BCU payed off , they finally admitted it was an error on there behalf and that I do meet the entry requirements and I now have an interview with them in January. So excited that’s 3/5 unis that have offered me interviews so far . So excited that my dream of being a children’s nurse is getting closer 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Morning guys! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Anch0r33 said:
    Morning guys! 
    Morning!!
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Morning, how is everyone?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    It’s afternoon now and I’m good thanks 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    How are you doing?
  • Options
    Dandelion said:

How are you doing?
  • Options
    Oh yeah didn’t even realise it was afternoon 😂 I’m alright thanks just doing some work for my portfolio 🙃
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Oh yeah didn’t even realise it was afternoon 😂 I’m alright thanks just doing some work for my portfolio 🙃

Ooo sounds fun. It's finally the weekend!!
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Dandelion said:

I’m so glad. I finally get a lie in! You got anything planned?
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    GreenTea said:
    Dandelion said:

I’m so glad. I finally get a lie in! You got anything planned?

Not sure yet! You?
  • Options
    Got some work to do, might bake some brownies 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Guessing no one is happy I’m getting offers for uni :( well I for one am happy I’m advocating for myself and it’s working 

got my ultrasound tomorrow determined to find out what’s going on 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.