Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I ugly cry at the end. It's a brilliant film. I definitely recommend tbh
  • Options
    It's based on a true story. 
    It's the director of the film...story to adopting 3 kids
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    I shouldn't watch emotional stuff @Liam but I still do it :lol: 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I avoid emotional stuff at all costs 🤣
  • Options
    I made a terrible decision watching long lost family the other night. That show gets me every single time!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I watched Hachiko (10/10 btw) and I tried so hard to keep my tears in, I had a lump in my throat and then I sobbed omg so many tears and my heart hurt for the rest of the night 😆
  • Options
    @Liam what's hachiko? don't think I've heard of it.

Ambulance, which is one of my favourite shows, is sometimes really really sad. Some of the stories in that are really truely heartbreaking.
  • Options
    It’s about a dog who was sooo loyal to his owner. Based on a true story. So sweet but so sad 😭
  • Options
    @Liam awwwww that does sound sweet! 

Now the only kind of programme I really can't watch are ones which show the things some cruel humans do to animals. Like the shows about vets. I like seeing the end when they're all better and happy again but seeing them that way is not worth watching it. I can't. 
  • Options
    I’m the same ! And if I’m watching a horror movie and they show a pet i turn it off cause I know what’s gonna happen and I ain’t gonna like it 😆

• Options
    Decided to wash my hair
  • Options
    Yeah exactly I just can't handle seeing animals getting hurt / hearing about how some owners can be so cruel. Vets do a fantastic job. 

I haven't watched a good horror in ages!!
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    GreenTea said:
    Decided to wash my hair
    that's on my to do list lol, I'm going on three weeks.... Well done though :)
  • Options
    @GreenTea yayy!! Sounds good! Despite the amount of effort washing hair takes I do enjoy the feeling of newly washed hair!
  • Options
    Heyyy @Mellyy99, it's great to see you here!! <3
  • Options
    Heyyy @Mellyy99, it's great to see you here!! <3
    Yeah I can't sleep & I need to try and distract myself before my thoughts consume me aha
  • Options
    @Mellyy99 this thread is an amazing distraction it's helped me soooo much over the past few weeks. You got any plans for tomorrow?
  • Options
    I'm so bored lol
  • Options
    @Mellyy99 this thread is an amazing distraction it's helped me soooo much over the past few weeks. You got any plans for tomorrow?
    aha i've been kind of nervous to post here as I didn't want to be overally negative... but I just have the doctors tomorrow so that's exhausting in itself..and I'm nervous about it...
  • Options
    @GreenTea same lol :joy: 

@Mellyy99 aww it's alright don't worry. I guess in a long thread like this the first post is the scariest, so well done you <3 I hope the doctors goes alright tomorrow, sending big hugs!
  • Options
    Omg not this thread but my first time in gc I was soooo nervous lolll
  • Options
    @GreenTea same lol :joy: 

@Mellyy99 aww it's alright don't worry. I guess in a long thread like this the first post is the scariest, so well done you <3 I hope the doctors goes alright tomorrow, sending big hugs!
    Yeah, I just dunno what they've been told if anything so I have no idea lol. It could go horrendous but thank you
  • Options
    @Liam oh my goodness I remember being so nervous the first time I went into chat too, and even more so the first time I posted on the boards. I used to be even more weird than I am now so I was really nervous what people would think of me lol, my first chat was the women only chat and I was so confused until I found out it was like an emotional support chat lol.

@Mellyy99 aww yeah I get you appointments are scary.
  • Options
    Awww hahaha it’s not scary anymore now I feel like I know everyone in there 😆 
  • Options
    @Liam aha yeah I was the same after a few weeks. ACtually returning to chats after a year of not going was perhaps a even scarier lol. I don't understand how I didn't go to chat for a year, what did I do with my evenings!!??!! 
  • Options
    Oh i've not even tried GC yet lol I'm not that brave
  • Options
    And i still feel way too new to use this forum, I don't post that much lol
  • Options
    @Mellyy99 GC is great!! You should try it. I'm in there most nights and sometimes SC too. I'm not sure if we've spoken in SC chat before. 

You're never too new, and this thread is a great place to start when it comes to posting a few of the newer members have made most of their comments on this thread (in fact some of th long time members like myself have too aha). 
  • Options
    @Mellyy99 GC is great!! You should try it. I'm in there most nights and sometimes SC too. I'm not sure if we've spoken in SC chat before. 

You're never too new, and this thread is a great place to start when it comes to posting a few of the newer members have made most of their comments on this thread (in fact some of th long time members like myself have too aha). 
    haha maybe when I'm in a better mental state as at the minute I don't think I can go a day without themix support chat lol. I'll try to come in on a better day when I can though. Yeah, I'm not sure we've spoken there either.

and aha I never know what to post so normally its just my problems in that one threat lol.
  • Options
    @Mellyy99 I'm Elle in chat, so if you've seen that name that'd have been me. It's ok to come in and not stay for the whole chat, or even to come to GC for a little while then go to SC for the rest of the chat time. 

Yeah that's fair enough there's a lot of threads on here it can be difficult sometimes especially when you're new but you're doing really well here and you're always welcome to post in here :):)