Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    @Laine you’re a night owl like me haha! I didn’t sleep till 3am last night 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    I haven't even attempted to sleep yet. I've been watching the Salisbury Poisonings on BBC iPlayer with my younger brother. 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I want to watch that!
  • Options
    @Liam same here, I mean like if it wasn’t on I’m sure it’d feel hotter though. I’ve had to turn it down because when it’s on full it’s quite loud and makes a funny rattling noise.

@GreenTea I wish I’d done that with the shower! That’s the best thing when it’s hot.

@EGM ooh, my parents were watching that show tonight. Is it any good? I only walked through the living room while it was on haha.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    It's good. See I live in the area so it was on my cycle to school. It's weird seeing it from the police's point of view
  • Options
    We just need a night owl club on here tbh
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm usually up late yeah! Need to get my late night animal crossing fish just got radio on 😂 that sounds interesting EGM! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    @EGM I should watch it. It sounds good. I saw literally about a minute of it while I was in the living room. I was only walking through to make a coffee haha.

@GreenTea haha, this is basically the night owl club just now.
  • Options
    I mean I really struggle with sleep so I'm up all strange hours
  • Options
    How many posts does this thread even have? Lol
  • Options
    What station though @Laine? I might put some music on I hate silence haha.
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    How many posts does this thread even have? Lol
    a lot! My post count has never increased by so much in such a short space of time haha it’s great!
  • Options
    Ahahaha @independent_ same I jumped up a rank by one in like 2 days
  • Options
    Same haha. I really like the new ranks they’re cool. It was funny though because I scrolled past someone’s post yesterday and it said rank not found and they had like 300 posts haha.
  • Options
    Oh damn, it's all new so probably some bumps need smoothing out! It was fun working on it the past few weeks tbh
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I like being helpling hand 😆
  • Options
    I am confirmed not a robot. That's funny
  • Options
    Ooooh that’s cool that you helped to work on it. I think the old ranks had been around for a lot of years so a very welcome update :)
  • Options
    Pirate FM currently @independent_ ! Local radio it's weird because honestly like I feel home sick even though I'm home just because I can't really get out 😂 

Been listening to a station where my partner lives a lot too it's simple but reminds me of him! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    Yh they were really outdated hahaha. New ones are a bit more up to date with our time and more fun
  • Options
    @EGM your rank is my favourite of them all! 

I like the idea of being a boards champion though, I think that’s the one I’ll get to next.
  • Options
    @EGM how are you find the mix so far?!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2020
    EGM said:
    I am confirmed not a robot. That's funny
    lol i thought it was funny when i first read it to
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Laine said:

Been listening to a station where my partner lives a lot too it's simple but reminds me of him! 
    I hope he’s awake listening to your local radio station 😆
  • Options
    @Laine I’m on West FM which is my local one. I’ve been known to listen to the local one where my partner lives too aha I’m glad it’s not just me who does that.

@GreenTea yes the new ones are really fun! The robot one made me laugh first time!
  • Options
    Yeah really glad the ranks had a revamp some were quite outdated! Confirmed not a robot is my fav! 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    @GreenTea It's pretty cool. Nice community and seems easy to get support if needed. I like the fact that you can just talk to people on the discussion boards
  • Options
    Y'all like...ever sleep? 😂😂
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Aww goodbye helpling hand 
  • Options
    @Liam woohoo you’re a trailblazer now! Funny your rank updated as we were talking about the ranks.