Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Be involved in the Young Carers Project!

ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster

Hey all!

The Mix are looking for board members to take part in boards posts and discussions around being a Young Carer or Young Adult Carer!

You are considered a Young Carer or Young Adult Carer if you help look after an individual to assist them with tasks such as cooking, cleaning, emotional support, personal care and more. A young carer could be looking after a family member or friend who is ill or who has a disability. They can also include parents or family members who have a drug or alcohol problem and may be unable to care for themselves or others. Young Carers are carers under 18, and Young Adult Carers are 18-25 years of age.

The Young Carers Project aims to involved both Young Carers and Young Adult Carers in the discussion about their role. This can involve being there to help support other Carers, discuss with other Carers about the difficulties of the role, bring light to some aspects of the role that you feel are under-represented and generally engage with a group of people similar to you!

If you’re interested in this, or would like to know more information, feel free to message @The Mix and let us know 😊

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Hello :) 

Just thought I’d chip in to say that also feel free to message me or @Abigail if you have any questions and we’re be happy to help.

if your worried about the thought of writting board posts and discussions etc then I’d thought I’d let you know that you’ve never be left to do it alone, both me and Abi work together to write a lot of the threads we do and we both recognise there’s different points when we can be more busy than the other person and trust me no idea is never stupid when it comes to Questions or ideas ❤️

Hope I haven’t intruded on your thread @Connor :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    You haven't intruded at all. It's a good addition to the thread :)

Carers Week is also coming up, running from 8th - 14th June, so if any Young Carers or Young Adult Carers would like to join us to help us celebrate it feel free to drop a PM to @The Mix