Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to phrase questions ??

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I guess this is kind of short notice but I’m really stuck on a way to phrase some questions to ask a Uni disability team that I have a Zoom call with this after noon . 

It’s like I know what topics I want to ask about but I don’t know how to turn them into questions if that makes sense.

I need to know About any carers support they have and what support they have for those with MH issues and Autism 
Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Hey Millie, 

I would maybe say “So I understand that some people you work with face some challenges, could you tell me more about the kind of support you offer to people with autism and mental health difficulties?” And “It is important that we are also helping those who help others, what kind of support do you offer for carers?” 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello millie.

Sounds like you don't have much time to get yourself ready! 
    In regards to asking questions, try something along the lines off "I am interested in studying at this University, what support is offered to those with autism and mental health?" 
    Most unis I know of have mental health teams and offer a lot of support!

As for the carers questions, ask something similar as the question above.
    They won't judge you one what you say, this appointment shows you are interested in them and are looking at how they work around those who need extra support. It sounds as though you are taking the right steps by asking these questions before applying!
    University are always happy to help possible students!

Also it might be helpful to structure the questions on paper so you can read them off and hopefully that will help you get your questions out to them.

Hope this helps and I hope the appointment goes well!