Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What to do if you feel like self harming but not in crisis?

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
edited April 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
The title says it all really, I've been clean for 2 years and I've noticed that this feeling comes in waves. I' a little stressed with my degree atm so I think it's taking a toll. 

I'd be eternally grateful for some contacts and useful distractions(preferably sensory)

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Sounds stupid but temporary tattoos have been a thing for me the last few weeks , I put one on I like on where I want to self harm and it helps to deter me as I don’t want to ruin it .

I also love my weighted blanket - I found a cheap one on groupon for £35 and it just helps to ground me and help me to feel safe and secure when I’m nervous and anxious.

Have you maybe thought about drawing or painting on that area of the body to ? My friend used to do it and said she would get so absorbed in what she was doing she’d do it for hours.

Also don’t forget that Shout isn’t just for when your in crisis my lovely <3
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Millie2787

Thank you so so much , I think give these a go  <3