Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What Would You Do? (Homework related)

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
This probably sounds really confusing but there is something on my mind. 

As some of you may know, my school has stayed open during the coronavirus outbreak. We mainly do independent study. Today, I was focusing mainly on my drama homework that I have been set online.

Part of it is to rehearse a monologue that we have been set. Then we have to record ourselves performing the monologue. The teachers are mainly focusing on the vocal side of our performance. I struggle with anxiety quite badly and I am also camera shy. 🙁 

There is a group chat that has been made to do with the drama home learning. There are 2 teachers on it (A and B.) A is the head of drama. B is my drama teacher. 

I sent a message on the chat asking if I can do a voiceover recording for the homework instead of having to show my face (especially as I am ugly and my classmates can all see the video so that will result in worse bullying.)

A does not know about my anxiety. B knows about my anxiety. I feel scared that A will end up being the teacher who replies. She would think of me as a wimp (especially as I am choosing to do drama next year. I feel like B might moan at me though. I have no idea who will reply. It all depends if A or B see it first. 

Do you think that A will tell B about it if she finds out first? A was my drama teacher for the first 2 years but I have never told her about my anxiety (although she knows I have stage fright.) B is the main teacher out of everyone at school who knows about my anxiety and how I am camera shy.

Should I have just emailed B? Sorry if this makes zero sense. I just wanted to get it off my chest. B might tell me off though because I am not supposed to email teachers unless it is urgent. Or was I right to put it in the group chat where it should be?

Do you think that I will be allowed to do the voiceover instead of the filming? Especially with the issues with my anxiety. 
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Thanks Aidan. The only way I could do that though is by emailing her but then A would find out. Students are not supposed to email teachers unless it is urgent. And homework questions are not exactly the type of urgent teachers think are urgent.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Neither A nor B have replied yet. B hasn't been online for a few days. A was last online yesterday.
    Aidan said:
    If you don't want to email you could wait for a response in the group chat then.

It sounds like you don't want teacher A to find out, do you think personally it'd be worth it though if A finding out meant your anxiety was better accomodated? What do you think?
    I don't want to worry A. Especially as I am doing GCSE Drama next year. I did do a mock recording of the monologue though.