Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worried about failing exams

DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
Sorry to post this in here, I just didn’t know what else to do I’m feeling really anxious about it this morning. I am worried about so many things at the minute with the world be what it is, yet I’m probably most worried about failing my exams. I had a week where I literally couldn’t manage to do any uni work, I felt so anxious every time I tried to do any I just couldn’t. Now I’ve set up a routine I’m managing to get an hour or two done per day, but that’s still far to little To actually pass my exams I need to be doing way more than that but I just can’t. People suggested that I talk to my tutor or my uni wellbeing. But I can’t bring myself to do that either, talking about stuff anonymously is absolutely fine but when they know who I am I can’t bring myself to do it. As well my tutor is the head of school and doesn’t even know my name, so I can’t bother him. And if I email well-being they’ll just call me back as they don’t talk over email, and there is no way I feel confident enough to talk over the phone. I have no idea what to do anymore, I can’t do anything and I’m so terrified of failing my exams and my degree, I really don’t know what to do. I really feel like I need some help with this but I’m so afraid to ask.
The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    could you speak to your GP about how you're feeling? They keep everything confidential more or less and it's not like you would be seeing them every day so may not make you as anxious?

as for revision I don't know what to suggest, it's hard to focus when you have so many other things going on in your mind, so I think it's important to work on that first, when are your exams?
    do you feel confident talking to anyone local about how you're feeling? The Mix have some pretty awesome support services not just the discussion boards, but maybe you could try the helpline to get some more advice as im not much use :lol: they also do counselling if theres any space, I think that could be really beneficial to you :)<3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Dandelion

These are very strange times and I can guarantee you that you are not the only person at the moment who is really struggling with motivation - I know I definitely am. There is no reason for you to feel embarrassed about it - we are living in a really weird atmosphere and I think a lot of people are finding it hard to work when they know something so big is happening. Your tutor/wellbeing services will probably have received lots of messages from students who feel the same way. :)

We do have some revision tips here which maybe could help:
    https://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/study-and-exam-tips/revision-tips-1238.html
    https://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/study-and-exam-tips/study-motivation-1354.html
    https://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/study-and-exam-tips/exam-stress-1241.html

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Thanks for replying, I have an appointment with my GP in a couple of weeks like 3 days before my exams start. I’ll most likely talk to him about it, as he’s like the only person I can actually confidently talk to lol. Thanks for sharing the revision tips I’ll have a read through them x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.