Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

National Youth Orchestra

DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
Has anyone seen the national youth orchestra are doing a social distance concert tonight of Ode to Joy with everyone playing in the garden/ street. So if you play an instrument it might be fun to dig them out and join in. I’ve dug out my treble recorder as my sisters had already bagsed the instruments I can actually play, but it’s been fun trying to remember how to play it 😂😂

here’s the link to the page if anyone’s interested
 https://www.nyo.org.uk/ode-to-joy 
The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 

Comments

• Options
    dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    Ive sent the link to my oldest niece and shes said she will take her violin outside and join in, she is 14 and is an amazing violinist, and considering she only started when she was 11 and has preformed a solo at the royal Albert hall is amazing, the school orchestra went to preform there, and she was chosen to do a solo. its amazing seeing community's finding ways to continue despite the current situation. i personally wont be joining in with this as ive not picked up any of my instruments in years and will probally just get noise complaints from the neighbors haha
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    That’s lovely Tori, and that’s amazing I used to play the violin when I was younger but I was never that good and doubt I could play it at all now lol. I’m sure our neighbours have been loving us today as we were practising. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.