Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why am I not being furloughed??

AnonymooseAnonymoose Posts: 2 Newbie
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Hello Mix 

I’m not a key worker, my job is not essential and even if it was I could probably do 50% at home. 

All of the admins are working from home, the essential staff here have been told why they have to stay but my department has been told nothing, gets zero answers and I’d probably get fired if I started asking why to higher ups. 😰😰

I’ve asked the deputy Manager and she said they want us here in case the essential departments run short on staff, but I am not trained to do that kind of work and my contract is for this department only! 

So why do I still have to go to work?! 

What I’m doing is pointless, menial tasks that no one  cares about or notices no matter how much effort goes in. Without customers to take part in the activities I run it’s pretty pointless me hanging around, plus it just adds more risk as I travel to work aren’t I technically a potential point of entry for infection?? Surely it’s sensible to have a few people coming and going as possible???  😰

I heard one of the staff say that timetabling was easier now that someone else in my department is on sick leave. I think my work is hoping I get ill so that they don’t have to furlough me. I can’t pay my rent on sick pay alone, I will have to find another way to earn money unless I go to work or get furloughed. 🤬😰

I like my job, I really enjoy what I do when we have customers. But I’m worried I’ll loose my job due to how they are dealing with this issue.

Can I report them anonymously? 
Even if I did I’m sure they would know who I was and find any excuse to get rid of me, even though I try to do my best and get lots of great customer feedback. 

I’m paranoid they will find my post some how, so I haven’t stated what I do, it would probably be easier to help me if I did, but my job is rather unique so I’m worried. I’m stressed out of my mind trying to think of some way through this. 🤯

Sorry, I’m not really sure what to do, but someone suggested this site to me so I thought it might be worth posting here. 

Thank you all
from,
Moose 
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    Hi Moose,

I'm not really up to date with the rules where you live (here no one can get fired during this time) but maybe someone on here knows more info on it. Look up the rules for businesses and see if there are any they are breaking in the legal sense. Maybe you can report it to the township. Many people here give great advise so surely someone can help you xx
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    AnonymooseAnonymoose Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hello Pigeons

I'm glad I can't get fired right now, but if they wanted me gone there is unfortunately nothing stopping them from finding some excuse to let me go after all this is over. 🙃

I'll look into the local council though, I hadn't thought of that. 🙂 

I just wish something could be done, for everyone in my department who is having to put themselves and families at risk because the higher ups (who are of course all working from home) haven't done anything. 😭

It's like if a cafe closed but still did takeways, and I'm a waiter who is asked to come in even though no customers come in. 😟

From 
    Moose