Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Celebrating Easter

_AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
Hey guys, 
So I am a Christian in an atheist family and it’s about to be Easter! This will be the first Easter where I have been strong and certain in my faith (I’m currently working towards my confirmation!) I was wondering how other Christians we’re celebrating Easter this year- especially with the closure of churches. 
Much love and blessings,
AJ xx

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I'm a Christian in an atheist family too 🙋‍♀️ well I say Christian, I believe but not yet saved, not sure how to celebrate Easter, my church are doing a live stream on fb 2 days a week so sure they'll be doing something like that, does your church do the same?
    Just thought I'd comment cause I'm interested in this thread 😊
    Also can I message you at some point? I has questions and don't want to ask people at my church as they don't fully know my mental health past 💖
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    I'm a Christian in an atheist family too 🙋‍♀️ well I say Christian, I believe but not yet saved, not sure how to celebrate Easter, my church are doing a live stream on fb 2 days a week so sure they'll be doing something like that, does your church do the same?
    Just thought I'd comment cause I'm interested in this thread 😊
    Also can I message you at some point? I has questions and don't want to ask people at my church as they don't fully know my mental health past 💖
    Hey @BubblesGoesBoo
    (I love your nickname btw!) 
    I don't really have a Church at home, but go to my Chapel at uni and the university church is doing some live streams too which is nice! Hoping to tune into one of them (my parents seem slightly bemused though...) I'm actually speaking to our chaplain in a bit so will see if she has any suggestions!
    I've dropped you a PM- of course you can ask me! Can't promise I will have the answers, but happy to chat!
    Take care, 
    AJ xxx