Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Voices (TW)

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,062 Community Veteran
If u put a screwdriver in ur head, will it stop auditory hallucinations and flashbacks. Like ur reliving the experience. N is it normal for it to happen every year on the same month tht it hpd coz u didn't let anyone no
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    i wish putting a screwdriver in head stopped auditory hallicinations and flash backs, but doubt it, i can confirm tinfoil hats don't work. 

I know for me things always are worse around the time of trauma annerverseries, its normal for things to be worse.

sending you hugs ellie, here if u need to chat.xx

• Options
    _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    hey lovely,
    I wish... sorry to hear things are so tough. I also find stuff really hard around certain dates and anniversaries. There are ways to make it easier, I promise, and it will in time change. No means through the other side myself, so really feel your pain. 
    Sending love, prayers and hugs. Always here to talk, 
    Aj xxx
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ... When I start thinking it won't go away until I go to bed
    Post edited by ellie2000 on
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    have you tried writing down your thoughts? that's helped me loads :) its all about finding distractions that work for you to get the thoughts to go away, do you have any distractions that work?
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Wat I hear in my head r the chavs shouting happily to eachother, while im having flashbacks of them torturing me n egging the two men on to r_pe me, wen they were finished with me they got up and got dressed and walked away leaving me naked  shivering in the dark April night
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Hey @ellie2000
    I'm so sorry this happened to you, you really didn't deserve it and I am sorry you keep reliving such a horrendous experience. Have you spoken to anyone about it at all, or told them about the flashbacks you are experiencing? I get flashbacks as well and find them really scary; what tends to help me is grounding techniques and fact checking. Have you found anything that works? 
    Take care- always here to talk,
    AJ xx
  • Options
     Wats grounding and fact checking?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Grounding is when you try to focus on what is around you in your environment. I use something known as the 54321 technique often. What you do is you name 5 things you can see, 4 you can touch, 3 you can hear, 2 you can smell and 1 you can taste. I also often do things as simple as writing down my name, age, birthday, what the date is, where I am: it all helps bring you into the present and remind you that the experience is not happening again. 

Fact checking is harder; it can often help if you feel comfortable telling someone what you are experiencing and then you can get them to help you. I tend to ask my friends if they heard something or saw something. Or, you can tell if others are reacting to what you are hearing to tell if it is real or a hallucination. It’s worth mentioning that just because others can’t hear it or see it, that doesn’t make it any less real for you. It just means that what you are experiencing no longer has the power to hurt you in the same way, though I know how painful memories can be.

something else that may help is interrogating thoughts to figure out if they are facts or opinions by essentially creating evidence for and against the belief. I have a sheet from my old therapist that may help with this if you’d like me to send it to you? 

Take care- much love, 
    Aj xx
  • Options
    Yh plz 😊
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,557 Skive's The Limit
    Those flashbacks sound so distressing. I'm sorry that happened. While having flashbacks it can be good to focus on the here and now. Like touching something around you to try to ground yourself. Its understandable that this is a hard time for you atm. Please stay safe! You didnt deserve to be treated that way and hopefuly with time you can manage the vioces and flashbacks
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley