Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mental Health Medication

ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
edited May 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
[deleted post]
Alis propriis volat 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

I'm really sorry, I haven't had experience with medication, but I wanted to give you a reply anyway :)

The side effects you experienced when you first started it sound horrible, and it's understandable you didn't increase the dosage at first due to not wanting them to come back. You did well with speaking to your doctors yesterday and getting it increased now despite it.

I'm so glad it's helped with your panic attacks. We're here if you want to talk about your depression <3
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    edited May 2020
    [deleted post]
    Post edited by JustV on
    Alis propriis volat 
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Hey,
    So I took Sertraline for a bit but it made me really ill quite quickly, so I switched to Fluoxetine. Everyone is different clearly, but I recently doubled my Fluoxetine. I am on a lot of other meds (including anti-psychotics and diazepam) so clearly had to be careful. 
    The new dose really exhausted me for a week or so and I had some pretty bad emotional side-effects for a couple of weeks, but it settled quite quickly. If you are concerned, I'd just speak to your dr, they should be monitoring it regularly if you have an increase! 
    I was reluctant to even start on medication, let alone increase it (I too put it off for a while for fear of side-effects) but ultimately its been worth it, and if the meds help, that's great! Proud of you for doing it, I know its tough. 
    Always here to chat. 
    Aj xx
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    edited May 2020
    [deleted post]
    Post edited by JustV on
    Alis propriis volat 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I was on sertraline a while ago but it didn't work for me so I was taken off it, but my antipsychotic makes me horrendously sick so they gave me anti sickness to take with it (it also helps me anxiety so bonus)maybe if the side effects are that bad you could ask for some anti sickness to take while you adjust to the new dosage? :)<3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''