Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Working from Home during Coronavirus

Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi everyone,

Like many of you, my office is now closed and I'm having to work from home because of coronavirus. Working from home is never something I've found easy and I always find myself distracted, especially at the moment because everyone in my house is working from home and coronavirus talk is taking over our everyday conversations. 

So I thought it would be good for us to share our tips of how to work from home successfully. Things that have worked for me have been:

1. Waking up at normal time, getting dressed and having breakfast like I would if I was going in to the office

2. Writing a schedule every morning

3. Using different rooms for work and home life - while its tempting to work in bed in the morning, I have made sure I get up and work in the living room

4. Giving myself an hours lunch break at my normal lunch time - and making sure I go out for a short walk during this time (while sticking to social distancing rules)

The Mix also have some more tips here: https://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/self-employed/working-from-home-2047.html

What has been working well for you?
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My housemates are all working from home too so we are all working by ourselves in our rooms and then meeting for lunch in the kitchen. I think it helps knowing others are working around me and then when we break we get to just chill and talk
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Lovely thread idea @Han93 and following as I'm interested to see what has been working for other people too! 

Agree on using different rooms for work vs home life if you can. Me and my partner are both at home and we only have one desk so we're having to switch between that and sofa every other day haha. 

I found that last week, something that DIDNT work well was that I didn't give myself adequate time for lunch/ breaks in general so I'm consciously doing that this week and seems to be working pretty well. Feel a lot better about working this week. 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend