Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

College/School shutdown hugs thread(COVID-19)

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Schools and colleges are closing from tomorrow and some people are very happy but some of us may be struggling with the prospect of having a sure thing gone, or maybe our home life is not great.

Here is a space for us to share any thoughts, worries and get support.

I will be popping in often, and know it's okay to be upset 💕 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    My college closed yesterday and I already wish it was open again!

Not because I particularly enjoy writing essays but because my class (who I will likely never see again now) were so friendly and social and I was only just beginning to make friends there.

Oh, and it was a routine too. Not anymore! I want this to all be over lol.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Eleanor! 

I definitely agree I miss my classes as all my classmates were great and it was something to do.

I'm struggling with the prospect of never seeing my lecturers again but we have already set up a leavers day for the future when this has all blown over x

I might drop a line in a bit for a few things people can do during these times :)

Sending out hugs 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    For me its not just one stable thing gone from my life, work is also going to be so much harder to get done and i'm not going to learn as well/ as easily. This along with being kept inside like a caged animal... i don't know how I'm going to cope.