Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fake News

ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Hey Guys,

How's everyone doing?

Lot's of scary stuff going on in the world right now, and also a lot of really lovely stuff coming out of it. I'm enjoying watching the world come together and support one another through this.  

I don't know about you, but one of the things I've been struggling a lot with this week is fake news. It's always an issue but seems to rear it's ugly head a little more in times of crisis. It has been streaming through my Whatsapp groups non-stop right now. 

I find it hard to figure out what I can trust and is likely to be true, what is being exaggerated, what is true but really unhelpful to know and what is totally made up. It's exhausting! 

However the BBC posted this really helpful article today which cleared up a lot of what I have been seeing, and I thought you might find it helpful too.  

Yes it talks to the ibuprofen claim in a really nice balanced way, but then a bit further down deals with a lot of the fake news which has been going around. A few which ended up in my own inbox from friends this week. 

I hope your all well and holding up okay. Remember this is just as tough on our mental health and well-being as it is on our physical health.

In the words of one of my hero's...  
"Be Strong, but Be Kind. We will be okay" - (Jacinda Ardern, NZ PM) 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
-
Brene Brown

Post edited by TheMix on