Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Keeping GC Coronavirus-free :)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
edited March 2020 in Community Announcements
Just a quick update to say: we're now making General Chat a Coronavirus-free zone. :)

The reason for this is to protect the whole idea of General Chat - giving everyone a space to get away from the difficult things in life, have some fun, and be able to relax. So if you go to General Chat, consider your fellow Community members who may have this really on their mind and use other spaces to talk about it.

If you need support with anything related to Coronavirus, you can still use Support Chat. If you want to talk about the latest news around it, you're welcome to use these Discussion Boards as much as you like.

The moderation teams are discussing how best to have these conversations, so this may change. :)
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
     glad i read more than just the title. Was starting to think you've put general chat on lockdown ;) 😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    yaay! finally somewhere to get away from all the drama! haha

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    This rule is very vague. Theres so much corona talk in there I've seen and i barely go there  it is almost impossible not to speak about it. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I think it's more about not talking about Coronavirus in itself and things that require support.
    Its quite hard to keep things completely covid free and you're bound to bring up lockdown i.e I'm back at work now it's opened after lockdown 
    Or
    Haven't done much as can't really go out. 
    Ect

Its just straying away from "I'm really worried about the virus" and things like that :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
     Oh thank you. I was getting fed up of the word corona so thought I'd go to general chat as corona free. But then was suprised when was speaking about it so got proper confused. Thanks for explaining