Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Wanting to harm myself

Catbradley13Catbradley13 Posts: 1 Just got here
I Think I need some help. I have been  struggling with wanting to harm myself and I have been feeling like I am not good enough. I feel like I am wasting people time. I don’t know what to do 

Comments

• Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Sending you hugs <3

It sounds like you're going through a really tough time, but you are, always have been and always will be, good enough.

We have a dedicated crisis messenger team that are available 24/7 for you to get in touch with:
    Our Crisis Messenger provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi There 

Well done for reaching out for some help - that takes a lot of courage and shows how strong you really are :heart:

You will never be wasting people's time, no matter how it may feel to you. You are so important and deserve to feel safe and supported, always. 

I think @Han93 shared some great links to support above. In the meantime, if you would ever like to talk about things more on the boards, we will always be around too. I will also pop some links to further support in the spoiler below, just incase you would like them. 

Take good care - we are all here for you :heart:

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    edited March 2020
    Hey @Catbradley13 it sounds like things have been pretty tough for you at the moment, so sending lots of hugs your way!

It's positive that you have taken the step to reach out here, you mentioned that you have been having feelings of wanting to harm yourself, as @Han93 and @coc0mac linked please make use of the resources when you are ready and if you feel that you are unable to keep yourself safe you can call 999 or go to your nearest A+E. 
    <3 

Just to explore your situation further, do you feel suicidal currently? It's not an easy thing to talk about but you are doing really well!

Do you want to talk more about why you feel worthless and not good enough? These are some pretty tough feelings to be dealing with. You are never wasting The Mix's time and our services are always here to support you.

Also, have you ever spoke to anyone else about how you are feeling? 
    <3 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello,
    I just wanted to check in and let you know that we care and are here to listen 💜
    It's positive to see you reaching out for support around self harm!

How are you doing at the moment?
    I hope you are doing ok
    We are here for you 💜

GreenTea🍵
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy ! 

You will never be wasting anyones time, you're good enough. And if you think " well you don't know me to say that "  defo don't need to know you to say that. Everyone deserves support and love <3

Do you want to tell us what has been making you feel this way? We ll listen <3

And welcome to the mix hope you find it helpful <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley