Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Managing Coronavirus Anxiety

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing

For anyone struggling with the anxiety around coronavirus,This is something that someone sent to me, that had provide me with some what some comfort.

Just know that your not the only one finding it hard , so many other people will be struggling with it to so don’t feel embarrassed to reach out for some support  and if anyone else had any other ways there managing pop them below <3

Mod edit: Covid tags added
Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Saw this on twitter, thanks for this thread @Millie2787

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    It’s okay @BubblesGoesBoo and @Aidan

I hope this thread can provide some comfort - for me I work with elderly residents so my worry is passing it onto them rather than getting it myself so I find it helpful to find myself that as long as I follow my Workplaced , NHs and PHE guidance then I’m doing all I can to prevent that 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    These are awesome. :) I've pinned this thread for now so resources posted here are nice and visible.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I work with people who are in care, some of them need around the clock support. I know they will be fine if I have to leave work (I just run workshops and teach life-skills) but I'm worried about them and the support workers who will have to be isolated with them if it comes to that.

There haven't been any cases in the town I live in yet, but waiting for it to come here... I don't like that feeling. 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    For Anyone who works in healthcare , some gentle reminders of simple self care for you <3

• Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Really important thread idea @Millie2787 Thank you for creating it.  <3

It'll sure help a lot of people!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    found this article the mix has done, its more based on terrorist attacks but feel it could be useful here:
    https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/anxiety-ocd-and-phobias/is-the-news-making-you-feel-anxious-23029.html
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited March 2020
    https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-51873799?__twitter_impression=true 

Here's a few tips to look after your mental health during the coronavirus 💖
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Thank you @Millie2787 this is really important!

I would just really emphasise to make sure that you only read from reputable sources - mainly the NHS or gov websites. There's a lot of scaremongering and inaccurate information being thrown around especially on social media. 

Stay safe <3
    Concerts and mass gatherings may be close to being cancelled but let’s remember all of these things we still have :) 

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited March 2020
    these are all really good :)
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Just sharing this article from The Mix about dealing with corona-anxiety. :)

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.