Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i want to move school

christinaj123christinaj123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
ive asked my mum before and she asked why, i said it was because i didnt like the school and it was, i had friends then, i talked to alot of people, i was doing quite good, she said no because i was doing alright. i want to move fr this time, i dont have any friends, i physically feel sick walking about the place and i dont talk to anyone at all, i sit myself at break and go home for lunch. im scared to ask her because i dont want to tell her any of that and even if i manage to theres the chance of not getting accepted into the school and if i do, i think i have anxiety, social anxiety at that which will make it hard for me to talk to people like it does in the school im in now. so i fear 3 things, asking my mum, not getting accepted and it just turning out like now just worse because the other school has double the amount of pupils mine has.

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @christinaj123 this sounds like a tough situation to be in, a lot of people struggle in school from time to time so it's understandable that you're feeling bad at the moment. Having to cope with social anxiety while in school sounds like it would be especially difficult so I'm glad you're talking about it here and looking for help.

You mentioned that you're scared to ask your mum if you could move schools, have you considered trying to talk to her about your problems and looking for a different kind of solution? I don't know what other things you've tried but there might be ways for you to deal with your anxiety and maybe improve your situation at school. Have you spoken to your mum or maybe your GP about your anxiety before?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • christinaj123christinaj123 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    hey @Riley ive not spoke to anyone about my anxiety before. i usually take a walk or listen to music but im injured just now so i try not walk too much and in class im not allowed to listen to music so yeah :/
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    hey @Riley ive not spoke to anyone about my anxiety before. i usually take a walk or listen to music but im injured just now so i try not walk too much and in class im not allowed to listen to music so yeah :/
    Hey Christinaj123!

I have anxiety and, I'm not at school anymore, but when I was I also wanted to move schools. I truly believed that starting over again would give me the opportunity to leave my anxiety behind.

Like you, my mother would not allow me to move schools so I began the process of accepting my situation. This was not easy but I chose to talk to my school about how I was feeling and they were very open to supporting me!

By the time I finished school I learned that it wasn't the school environment that was the problem, it was my longing to get away from my anxiety and being forced to stay in the anxious situation has helped me learn to cope with my anxiety. 

If you can't leave the environment, then use this as an empowerment to grow as a person and develop the coping skills you need to make it through! <3

Stay strong,
    Eleanor 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy!

i hear you - its really hard when you want something but there are fears. It shows control and indepenadance of your side to be thinking about this and i feel like people should appeciate that and let us make out own chioce esp when younger. 

When i dont know what to do cause im scared of something if say it. I make a list of pros and cons of the outcomes of what i want and the other chioces i have. Written it down can make your fears seem worth it and to try it. Your mum might be really understanding. 

What happened to the friends you used to have if dont mind me asking? 

I hope this goes okay for you. No matter what you decide and were here to listen <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley