Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Opportunity to get involved!

simran121simran121 Deactivated Posts: 14 Settling in
edited February 2020 in We Need You

Hey all😊

My name’s Simran and I’m the new Marketing and Outreach officer here at The Mix – meaning I’ve been given the chance to hear more from you all.

I also come bearing two awesome opportunities!

A young member of the LGBTQIA+ community?  We want to hear from you!

The first opportunity is to do with our upcoming Sexuality and Relationships campaign, where we will be focusing on how young LGBTQIA+ communities experience sexuality and how this impacts their relationships and experience of dating. 

We’re looking for someone to create a piece of written content on their experiences that will be published on our fabulous website.  This is a great opportunity to not only work alongside Holly (our Editorial Communications manager) who’s always up for offering excellent writing tips, but it also gives you a chance to have your voice heard and to empower someone that is going through a confusing time. 

And now…

Have you ever benefited from a community space?

Our second opportunity is to do with a new platform called Share Somewhere – a website with the simple mission of connecting community groups to affordable and accessible spaces and… my aim is to bring this project closer to you guys.

If any of you feel like you have ever benefited from a public/community space or group, I’d love to get any piece of content (this can be a poem, a song, a piece of artwork, a quote) that expresses how it has helped you become the person you are today.  So if you feel super creative one day, give it a shot. It will be super helpful in allowing us to connect the branding of Share Somewhere to what’s super important.

If you are interested in taking part or have any questions don’t hesitate to email volunteering@themix.org.uk with the subject ‘ I want to take part’.