Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Self harm crisis

Haven’t been here in a while and I was trying so hard not to return. 

I just can’t stop self harming and I know it’s an issue but I can’t talk about it. I know there isn’t any help. 

Just so close to giving up. I can’t deal with all these lies anymore. 

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Comments

• RavenclawRavenclaw Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    Hey @ShatteredSecrets, I'm sorry to hear you're really struggling with self harm right now.
    What makes you feel you can't talk about it? There is help and support here, we're happy to listen to you and we're here for you whenever you feel like popping in.  :3

What have you used to try and help in the past? I've heard really great things about an app called Calm Harm... I'm not sure if maybe you've already come across that at all or if you'd like to give it a go?

I'm sending lots of support and strength your way. It will take time but you've got this, I know you can get through this moment no matter how bad it feels right now. Reaching out is a really good first step, as is recognising that it's an issue. If you want to talk more about what's making you feel like this, there are people around to listen.  <3
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy!

its good youve came back on here. Is self harming something you want to stop? Im guessing maybe cause you said its an issue. But its a way to cope so its good you do things to help you. If you do want to stop there are loads of suggestions out there. 
    Did you want to talk more about the lies?

take care ! <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    edited December 2019
    Hey :heart:

How are you feeling? It's really positive that your seeking support here, we care about you :heart:

The Mix have lots of info on self-harm here which you may find helpful

Sending hugs :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ShatteredSecretsShatteredSecrets Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    Hi guys, 

sorry life really got on top of me.. 

when I say lies I mean that I have to lie and pretend that everything is okay and fine when it’s not. I feel like I’m gonna be this messed up person forever.. it’s like sometimes I wanna get better but other times I don’t. I want people to see how much I’m suffering. 

I am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @ShatteredSecrets welcome back <3 I'm so sorry to hear you're still feeling like this. Have you opened up to anybody close to you? I can imagine holding things in being really hard.

You're not a messed up person you're just a human being, we all go through tough times and I don't think it'll be like this forever. 

Hope you're ok, sending hugs your way
    - Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @ShatteredSecrets

Welcome back! 

It doesn't sound easy to be pretending everything is okay when it isn't, its understandable that you may feel like you may stay feeling this way forever, however with the right support it is possible that things can improve! 

It's also completely normal when we are struggling to have feelings of wanting help and then not, have you been able to talk to anyone else about how things are for you at the moment?  :)

You mentioned in your first post that you are struggling with self harm, iv'e popped some distractions and articles in the spoiler, to take a look at if and when you are ready.  <3

Distraction techniques: http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-heal...ions-5696.html·         

Steps to self-harm recovery: http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-heal...very-5697.html

Going to your GP about self harm: http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-heal...harm-5688.html

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.