Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Appointments

LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
I'm meant to be seeing my worker from the personality team and then my cpn both on Friday after one other but neither of them have offered me any support this week when I have fallen out with a friend this week (I told my cpn on email and my worker from the personality team on text) so they both know and they both also know the person who raped me is coming out of prision in January so this week/next month is/has been really difficult for me. I emailed my cpn but she hasent replied and my worker from the personality team said she'd call me yesterday and didnt. I know this is just going to spite me because I need the support but I feel like cancelling both as they've not been there for me this week and not really been there for me at all. How do I oversee that they havent been there for me and go to my appointments on Friday? With the personality I have it's extremley difficult to look past things like this and I don't know how to do it so any ideas/suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey @Lubna

I hear you that you feel like you're not being supported, I had the same issue when it was the anniversary of my trauma, I felt like they couldn't care less how much I was struggling but eventually they listened and put in extra support... when you go to your appointments on Friday maybe you could ask for extra support over the next month or so? I know it will be hard with Christmas and new year, but remember we're always here to support you aswell, (and theres also the helpline and crisis messenger aswell if you need it)

I tried to rationalize it, like they weren't giving me extra support cause services are SO stretched, my team maybe had personal problems going on aswell etc.

can you speak to your family/friends about this too? if you feel your team isn't listening to you have you ever spoken to an advocate?

im really sorry you're going through this, I know how tough it is :(<3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    I asked for my mums advice lastnight😂 and sent her the same message I posted on here and she said I should go to my appointments tomorrow and say how well/strong I have been this week (she dosent know I self harmed twice this week) obviously I can't mention what I've done but yeah and went somewhere with the idea to end my life. So I'm not doing well..it would just be laughs if I say that I am (I think I'de evan laugh) the people within me would laugh too! but she did say to say aswell I need more support over the next month to ensure I don't get admitted again.

I emailed my cpn again this morning and she replied so I am going to see her tomorrow but the people are telling me to do lots of different things when I'm there tomorrow(I have no idea why) but there not scary there funny! But I have discharged myself from the personality team now (as not finding them helpful) evan though they said they need to speak to their senior management to discharge me🤔 surely that's up to me!