Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

November self care 🎇

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi everyone,

I know that this is a day early but please excuse that.

This month I have been given the pleasure of writing this month's self care challenge. If anyone would like to do another month please send @GreenTea a private message.

So here is the self care for November:

1st November- Try some bedtime yoga
2nd November- Think of something that you have done that you are proud of.
3rd November- Make a fun playlist to dance to.
4th November- Enjoy a peaceful evening
5th November- Try out a 5 minute meditation
6th November- Journal about your favourite spot to relax.
7th November- Make a list of things you like about your personality.
8th November- Clean out your wardrobe and donate 5 things you don't wear anymore.
9th November- Call a friend today and share why you are grateful for your friendship.
10th November- Share a smile with 3 people you pass today.
11th November- Print out an inspirational quote to hang in your room.
12th November- Send a card to someone today.
13th November- Take a walk
14th November- Get a new book to read
15th November- Compliment someone today
16th November- Look at photos of cute animals
17th November- Paint your nails a new colour
18th November- Give yourself a hand massage
19th November- Do something you have wanted to do.
20th November- Take 5 minutes to do absolutely nothing.
21st November- Write your future self a note of encouragement.
22nd November- Send a text to an old friend.
23rd November- Write down 5 things you love about yourself.
24th November- Cook a new recipe
25th November- Write down 3 things you are grateful for.
26th November- Draw your emotions
27th November- Share some cookies, muffins or dinner with a friend.
28th November- Take a nap
29th November- Watch a funny cat video
30th November- Buy yourself something you want.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Aw bed time yoga. I wanna do that
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I have a happy/dance playlist 🙂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    4th - have a peaceful evening.. well not doing that cause I'm on holiday so need another night out 😂 but am having a peaceful afternoon with my friends, we're going bowling and to the wee theme park for some cocktails and a rant about life, and of course the rides haha 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    4th - I'm going to have a peaceful evening catching up on my favourite Netflix shows. I've heard the new season of A Typical has just come up so I might watch that :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I've just finished work so I'm gonna go home and set myself for an evening of self care and Waterloo road
  • Options
    My bed
  • Options
    Just want to give this a bump and hope you are a looking after yourselves
  • Options

Plenty of inspirational quotes o my wall from my lovely friends 😊 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    9th- had pretty long conversation with some friends about why I'm greatful for them.
    11th- put some qoutes up that I got in a care package. Pegged them onto fairy lights on my feature wall
  • Options
    Picked up some support/encouragement cards while I was away, sending this one out with a care package for a friend that has just been sectioned again 💕 

• Options
    Posted some cards to friends from Instagram. Just some positive messages of support
  • Options
    finally hung my daily reminder and my 'you are enough' plaque on my wall :) doing something positive to kill the negative thoughts :)
  • Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    19th - I met my friend that I haven't seen for over a year :)
  • Options
    5 things I like about myself
    - my style
    - my many personalities haha 
    - my determination
    - my love for animals
    - the fact I'm still employable after everything I've put work through 😂 (I dunno I was running out of things 🙈 ) 
  • Options
    24- gonna try something new tonight when I get home, I think I have all the ingredients already