Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ward round

LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
I have ward round on Thursday I'm nervous.

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited October 2019
    @Lubna You've done really well reaching out here for some support :) 

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling nervous about your ward round on Thursday. Would you like to share a bit more with us about what you're feeling most nervous about? 

I hope it goes okay tomorrow. Remember we're here for you <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    If I am going to be discharged or not and my new cpn is meant to be coming but if she just turns up without getting in touch with me beforehand she is'nt coming into my ward round. I have been allocated her for a few weeks now as I saw her with the doctor a few weeks ago before I came into hospital so all this time she hasent been in touch so why should I let her in my ward round if she couldnt of come to see me whilst I have been here or evan get in touch.
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Lubna

It's reassuring to hear that you feel comfortable talking about this on the Mix. I can imagine that a hospital might be quite a silencing environment so it's really healthy that you can still speak openly :) 

Sounds like, if I'm interpreting correctly, that you feel like it would be unfair for your new CPN to be present during your ward round as she hasn't actually seen you since you came into hospital..?

Is this the only thing making you feel nervous about your ward round, or would you say there are other factors? 

With regards to the CPN, if you can't actually control whether or not she turns up to your ward round, how do you think it would be best to behave if she does show up? What sort of behaviour would be in your best interest?

I hope the ward round goes well, and by the way you are writing it seems like you're in a good place. What will be will be 🙏 I hope this post helps in some way :) 
    Yes that's right.

It's not the only thing. I feel nervous about being discharged and suicidal but hospitals arent the best place for people to stay so I need to be discharged at some point.

I would probably react aggressive and say to my new cpn she is'nt going into my ward round and they arent discussing me first like they usually do because of my paranoia but I know that all wouldnt be in my best interest.
    edited October 2019
    My friend has completley let me down and worrying about her because she self-harmed and has been having mini strokes. I just want to say that I'm stopping at my friends house which I'm meant to be. I feel like maybe I've hurt my friend that's why she is ignoring me. Idk

[edited by moderator]
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Urghhh I cant think straight.
  • Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Lubna
    I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to think straight, it sounds like you're feeling very overwhelmed at the moment with your CPN on your ward round. It's good that you're considering what reactions may not be in the best interest for you, and we're all here to support you. What do you think might help with calming your nerves for tomorrow?

Am I also right in understanding that you were supposed to go to your friend's house after being discharged but she is now having mini strokes and injured her wrist so you're having to go home instead? 
    I have been discharged. I'm crying. My brain feels frassled. I dont know why they just discharge people when they are so desperate
    edited October 2019
    I'm about to hurt myself and no-one evan cares.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2019
    Please stay safe Lubna <3
    im here if you want to talk. 

May sound empty atm - but i do care x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    It sounds really tough being discharged @Lubna. I know it might be feeling like no-one cares when the support you need isn't there anymore. Please know you're never alone and you really deserve the best support. Is there a safe place where you can go this evening? 

Just to echo what Shaunie said, we're here if you want to talk <3 

Remember these organisations are always available to you too anytime you'd like someone to talk to:
    • Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text 'THEMIX' to 85258 and talk to them about anything. 
    • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123. They also have some online services here. 
    • Papyrus have a helpline that is open 9am – 10pm weekdays and 2pm – 10pm on weekends. You can call them on 0800 068 4141. 
    • If you have any concerns for your health or safety, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E.  

Stay strong <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    @Salix_alba_2019 how come you put insightful?
    Hey lubna, how are you doing now? <3 did you manage to keep safe? Discharge can be realy hard x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I od but I havent taken too too many. How are you? And thankyou x
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Lubna said:
    @Salix_alba_2019 how come you put insightful?

sorry about that I was meant to click the hug button  but my phone  has be a bit funny since yesterday . I think it needs to be recalibrated 😅
    Aw thats rough:( Have you been checked on ? Im okay thank x
    No I havent been checked on but I'm ok x
    Worried about you <3 have you told anyone ? Are you staying at your friends house now or? X
    No I'm at home. No need to be worried I feel fine 🧡 x
    Glad to hear you're feeling okay @Lubna. <3

You mentioned you'd been discharged a few days ago, how have the last few days been for you? 

Keep us updated with how everything is going. We're here for you :) 
    The last few days have been okay because I have been at my mums for a couple of days but I'm back at mine now so I'm going to struggle again tonight 😥
    Im sorry i really dont know what to write but i really wanted to reply lol so this is my shit support reply <3 i hope things dont go too bad. Youre stronger than you think x