Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Won’t provide the right equipment

DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
At college they won’t provide the right chair to support my back. I’m in a lot of pain right now because of it and I’m feeling depressed about it. Is  there anyway you can help me feel better,

best wishes 
jaide 

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    That sounds really frustrating @Durhamjaide it makes sense that you'd be feeling down with your college treating you this way. Have you tried speaking to your GP to see if there's anything they can do? They might be able to speak with your college for you or give you a doctor's note so they understand your pain is genuine.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Riley said:
    That sounds really frustrating @Durhamjaide it makes sense that you'd be feeling down with your college treating you this way. Have you tried speaking to your GP to see if there's anything they can do? They might be able to speak with your college for you or give you a doctor's note so they understand your pain is genuine.
    Well I’m going to see my consultant in October but I have to stay off college today more because of the anxiety but my mum said I’m in a lot of pain do you think that would be a problem. 

Also my mum and dad has gone away for her birthday and I thought it would be better to stay off because I didn’t wanna be unwell for that but I have been mentally unwell all day. 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    It's good to hear that you're seeing your consultant in October, hopefully things go well for you then and you get everything sorted out.

I think it makes sense that you'd be having a rough time when you're off from college and your mum and dad are away. You might find it helpful to reach out to your friends and just chat with them a little. Otherwise you're always welcome to talk to people here on the boards, it's what we're here for after all. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I have managed to get it sorted