Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Group chats this week (22/09-26/09)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

Here's our chat schedule for the week:

Sunday 22nd September
General Chat
Support Chat

Monday 23rd September
General Chat
Support Chat

Tuesday 24th September
General Chat
Support Chat
Support Circle

Wednesday 25th September
General Chat
Support Chat

Thursday 26th September
General Chat
Support Chat

----
Support Chat (8-9.30pm): A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. 

General Chat (8.9.30pm): A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. 

Support Circle (7.55-9.30pm): Support Circle is a Support Chat of no more than 6 people, where everyone takes it in turns to share while the rest of the group listens. We have places for people who want to come and get support or attend as listeners. You can sign-up here.

New to the community? Go here to find all the info you'll need about group chat.

You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

Aife & the team :star:
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I have got a suggestion would you mind making the chats a bit earlier because i struggle to make those times because of my health which means I’m normally in bed at that time 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,276 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for the suggestion @Durhamjaide. Fedback is always welcome. :)

The timings of group chats are designed to be late enough for most people to be back from work or school, but early enough for the majority of folks not be asleep. There will always be exceptions to that and our schedule might not be super accessible to people with different routines. Apologies - it sounds like that's the case for you.

We don't currently have any plans to adjust these times, but we're always looking at things we can change in the future and we'll keep this in mind. You're not the only one to ask for different timings so we'll take this into consideration. :)

If you need a bit of support outside of those hours, the boards are always open and you can reach our 1-2-1 team from 4-11pm every day via phone, webchat or email.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,722 Master Poster
    Just a heads up that only support chat is running. Lauren just told me that there was no cover for general chat. Sorry everyone! Usually it is the other way round though. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,722 Master Poster
    OnlyAlex said:
    Are we a bit low on mod numbers at the moment?
    Probably
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,276 Part of The Furniture
    OnlyAlex said:
    Are we a bit low on mod numbers at the moment?
     A tad @OnlyAlex. It tends to get a bit sketchy around Summer/September because our volunteers are busier and might be going through life transitions (e.g. to uni). We try and plan recruitment around it but it doesn't always work out! We've got some new folks coming on board now though. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.