Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Extreme loneliness

Here goes. I am a 35 year old single father . 
For years now I have been dealing with extreme loneliness.  I have literally no friends and no one to talk to.  
I never get messages or invited anywhere. My child is 6 and it seems like outside if being a father I have nothing at all. I spend every evening alone and doing  nothing. I have tried reaching out to my parents  but the only advice I get is to think positive and told that I am throwing a pity party . It's getting really bad and I find myself thinking about suicide every day. I don't do it purely because of my child .
I am just at that point where no one cares. I am tired of being alone and invisible to everyone.  I already figure that no one will love me and that once my child is grown up and leaves then I will be done.  I feel that I will never be happy and  lived and appreciated again and I am literally just killing time everyday until I have to sleep and do the whole thing over again 

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey, welcome to the community.

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. It sounds so awful and painful for you :(

You're not invisible to me and I care <3 People truly will love you. You're really important and I think you're a really strong and caring person to stay alive for your child. There's so many people out there who would love you. Things can and will get better, I promise, you can be happy again and free of the loneliness and pain.

It sounds like your parents aren't understanding and I'm sorry they tell you such stuff. You're not throwing a pity party.

What do you think could help? Would you like to talk to your doctor about this maybe, or join a group to meet people? <3

This site is more for 13-25 year olds by the way - I just thought I should let you know as I'm not sure if they'd allow someone who's 35 to be on here, I hope they do though as it's really positive that you're reaching out. I've heard of Elefriends as a support forum for anyone who's over 18, have you tried it there?

Sending all my love and hugs <3
  • SiKanjoSiKanjo Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thank you.  I didnt know that was the age group.  Just trying to reach out to anyone who will listen
    Sad I know but that's where I'm at . 
    I will check out some other forums just in case im not allowed on here 
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    SiKanjo said:
    Thank you.  I didnt know that was the age group.  Just trying to reach out to anyone who will listen
    Sad I know but that's where I'm at . 
    I will check out some other forums just in case im not allowed on here 
    Aww, that's understandable <3

That's a good idea, I also thought I'd mention the Samaritans are always there to listen if you need to talk to someone - I'm not sure where you're based haha but I think their email works for any country. I hope you know you don't have to go through things alone x
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy, its awful to feel so low to think of killing yourself. Glad youre reaching out! 

Its really frustating your parents dont understand when you try to reach out. Dont think youd be able t stay here cause of your age but theres load of other support and people who will listen. Dont have to cope with it by yourself. There is a suicide forum https://www.suicideforum.com/community/
    & like kathleen said there is also elefriends and lots of support out there
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hi @SiKanjo

I'm sorry to read all this is happening at the moment. I just wanted to reach out and to say you have done the right thing by reaching out and I really hope you will reach out to other places in the future. Unfortunately like previous users have said here at The Mix we offer support to 13 to 25. I have shared some further support places which you might find useful.  

There are place that do support people of all ages. Elefriend offer support to anyone over 18, no matter what the issue is. Its peer to peer lead forum open 24/7 as well as which means others will understand what your going through. There is also a site similar to The Mix called Turn2Me. Similar to Elefriend but Turn2Me offers Themed Group Chats and online counselling, (online counselling you do have to pay for) but they are really helpful. There is always the possibility of speaking to your GP about the stress of being a single farther. 

Here at The Mix we do hope you find somewhere which can support you further. Don't lose hope support is always around. 

I have closed this thread now. We do hope you find support. 

<3
This discussion has been closed.