Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weekly challenge #110

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey Folks, so for this weeks weekly challenge we are going to be doing a create a self-care box challenge. Self-care is very important and sometimes having a box, or a bag full of things that can help us feel better is a really great thing. :heart:

Feel free to share how you are getting on with this challenge, we can't wait to read your replies smile

Also feel free to vote for next weeks challenge :heart:
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #110 5 votes

Try something new
40% 2 votes
Declutter challenge
60% 3 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    This fits in with self care awareness month! 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    I thought that :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I love this challenge! @Stephanie 💓

I have a self care box and some of the things have in it are in the picture below! 😊

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I brought some fiddle toys from the works to help me when I'm anxious and in a bad head space
    Thanks for sharing so far folks :heart: 

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Old photo from a year ago today! My friends sent me a self care/distraction box and this is what was in it, some positive quotes, distractions, a stress ball, bubbles, reasons to recover, badges and a candle 😊 since then ive added face masks, popping candy (for anxiety), fidget toys, colouring book, my fav treats, flavoured coffee, special letters from friends to remind me I am loved and countless other things 😂 would post a photo of it currently (I might when I get home) but I'm at work so 🤷😂 
    Definitely going to crack this out when I get home though and do some self care 😊 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Won't let me edit my post cause I'm too late 😂 but here's the updated version .. it's a mess just like my life 🤷😂 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Not my normal self care box but this is my self care bag I take with me to college. The dog is purely for sensory needs I don’t sit and cuddle it in lessons  :scream:

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Thank you for sharing everyone :heart: