Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!
We are now trialing a points system in an effort to be clearer about the consequences for breaking community guidelines. Head over to this thread to find out more and give your feedback :)

Don’t like my birthday present

So my boyfriend got me a pretty expensive birthday present and firstly I feel guilty that he spent so much money on me, but also I can’t even use it and it’s probably just going to sit in my cupboard and I feel so horrible and ungrateful but I don’t know what to tell him I just wish he’d got me something else and less expensive but it’s too late to send it back and I’m being so ungrateful and horrible I can’t stop crying from guilt
Tagged:
Kathleen07knownasloner

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 The sad girl Posts: 1,367 Fanatical Poster
    Aww, you're not ungrateful at all. I understand feeling horrible, but please try not to be too guilty about it. It's not your fault he spent the money on it and that you can't use it :heart:

I hope it felt good to get this out, I just wanted to send you hugs :heart:
    When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind - Linkin Park

Sing it for the boys, sing it for the girls, every time that you lose it sing it for the world - MCR

itsquietuptown
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,384 Mega Poster
    It's okay not to like a gift, please don't feel guilty about it. sending hugs <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    itsquietuptown
  • knownaslonerknownasloner United KingdomPosts: 30 Cool Newbie
    Don’t feel guilty about not liking it, you have no control over what other people buy you. Just focus on that you’re important enough to him for him to get you something expensive. If he cares about you, I’m sure he’ll understand that it wasn’t the kind of gift you’re interested in receiving and appreciate your honesty. Just thank him for the thought. 

At least he will know for next time x <3
    itsquietuptown
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 5,246 The Mix Elder
    Heyy! -

You're not alone in being given something you didn't want & never using it. It's not your fault. Most times I find it hard to even say I don't like it and can be hard. 
     I understand that you feel guilty-  so I won't tell you to stop how you're feeling but I don't think you need to at all :)

Also you don't sound ungrateful either - you sound like you really care about it 

Hugs x <3
    The moon taught me: its okay to go through phases. 🌙 The sun taught me : no matter how many times you go down, keep rising🌤
    itsquietuptown