Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

First webchat consulssing session tomorrow

dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
Hello 
have my first mix consslsing session tomorrow worried and nervous about it can anyone tell me what happens during the sessions?

Comments

• Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey!

Well done for signing up for then counselling that is a massive step to take so i'm really proud of you for that, it's understandable to feel nervous about you first session especially if you haven't had any type of support like this before.  <3

I have had the mix counselling before and from what I can remember, as with most places the first session is mostly getting to know you and identifying why you wanted/needed the counselling etc. They might ask about thing you struggle with most and which you would like to work. Then the further sessions are mainly you and the counsellor talking and they will listen to you and together will come up with ways to help you to feel a bit better and more in control of your feelings, also could be talking through things that have happened in the past etc and what helps you. 

It'll be okay and it's never as scary as you think!

Make sure to let us know how it goes tomorrow  :)

Butterfly x
  • dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Ok will do 
    Good luck with it! x
    Thanks im so nervous 
    I know but it’ll be okay 
    So so nervous 
    I know you are feeling nervous, do you think you could do some self care to help yourself to relax this afternoon?  <3
    Nope and it’s not till tomorrow afternoon so will be nervous all tomorrow morning too 
    Just thinking that trying to take your mind off it might help a little bit 💗
    I can’t take my mind off it 
    Okay but please try not to worry, it will be okay 😊
    I will try not to will let you know how it goes thanks for your support 
    It’s okay always here 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,783 Master Poster
    Good luck for the session. You will be fine. I will be thinking of you. Stay strong.  ❤
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    I hope it will help today as I’m so upset again 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,783 Master Poster
    dogmad20 said:
    I hope it will help today as I’m so upset again 
    I am  sure that it will help you today. The counsellor will want to help you.  Not judge you or be unkind. Sorry to hear that you are upset again today. It has sounded so hard for you during the past few days. I can understand why you are feeling like that. Do you need a hug?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Yes a hug 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    I've had web chat counselling with the mix. I think the first one was just getting to know you and then asking questions to lead the conversation and asking what support you want from them or what you're hoping from it. And then after that chat it's more lead about what you want to speak about 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    The session went well and helped me 
    Hello, 

I’m so glad that the session went well today, and that it was helpful 😊

Butterfly x