Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New Discussion; feeling upset and tearful

dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
edited August 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi 
thought I would create a brand new thread so I can get the support I  need. 
Currently feeling upset and tearful in  General any ideas to help me or support?
thanks 
Post edited by mags98 on

Comments

• Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling upset and tearful at the moment, is there anyone that you could speak to about this?  <3

If you don't mind me asking, what type of support do you think would benefit you the most right now?  :)

For ideas I can suggest that you speak to someone and let all of your feeling out, if you aren't comfortable with that then could you maybe write what's upsetting you and your feelings in a journal? I find this helps me when i'm feeling overwhelmed or upset. Maybe if you have some spare time you could go for a walk to clear your head or practice some self care to allow yourself time for self soothing?  <3

Butterfly x
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2019
    How are you wanting to be supported on here?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Butterfly23 thanks  been for a walk  don’t have anyone to speak too right now I live on my own which  does not help 
  • Options
    Glad you have been for a walk, I hope it helped 💓
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I have some distractions that might help!

+ Relaxing bath, go crazy with bubbles!
    +Bake a cake if you have ingredients!
    +Put on a comedy film (or a sad film so you have a good cry)
    + Take a walk
    +Arts and crafts
    +Write and draw in a Journal
    + How about use 7cupsoftea, elefriends (over18s only) to talk to someone, I find there's some supportive people on them!

Hope you feel better soon
  • Options
    @GreenTea thanks will try those 
  • Options
    @GreenTea

Thank you for sharing those! 
  • Options
    mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    @dogmad20

Hi! How are you feeling today?

Some great ideas above, is there anything you enjoy doing in particular that makes you feel happy? 

I just wanted to add I edited the title a bit by adding "feeling upset and tearful" just so people know more about the thread before clicking on it.
  • Options
    @mags98 I’m still upset today 
    Listening to radio watching tv And animal webcams makes me happy.
    Ok thanks for  updating title 
  • Options
    Hello!

It sounds like you are still feeling upset today, which I can understand must be difficult for you.  <3

Listening to the radio, watching TV and animal webcams all sound like good distractions and things to do when you are feeling upset, i'm glad they make you feel happier. 

What are your plans for today?  :)

Butterfly x
  • Options
    @Butterfly23  at college today but feeling upset college is making me upset as struggling with the work 

• Options
    Hey,

I understand how it feels to struggle with the work, but I think a good idea is too talk to your teachers if you are struggling with the work as they may be able to give you extensions or talk through the parts you are finding hard  :)
  • Options
    @Butterfly23  have done that  they helped me 

• Options
    Good i'm glad, are you feeling a bit better now? in terms of stress?  <3
  • Options
    @Butterfly23  yep 

• Options
    I’m struggling today and upset