Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Group chats tonight (Thursday 04/07/19)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everybody,

Tonight, we have Support Chat and General Chat running from 8-9:30pm.

Support Chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Amy and Alessi will be modding.

General Chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Laine will be modding.

New to the community? Go here to find all the info you'll need about group chat.

You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

Be safe :)

Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited July 2019
    Also, just a note about last night:

A few of you will have noticed that there was a moderation issue that needed dealing with in Support Chat, and then chat closed quite abruptly. This is because the mod tools weren't working - ordinarily we would have removed that person and dealt with that issue a lot quicker. In the end, we needed to do something to keep you all safe and that meant closing the room a bit more suddenly than usual.

If you were there, please don't elaborate more on what happened for the sake of confidentiality. :)

The mod tools still don't seem to be working for us, but we're working on a fix as we speak. In the (hopefully unlikely) case that this isn't fixed by tonight, we may have to cancel because we need those tools to make sure chat is kept safe.

Rest assured though, it's more likely that it either gets fixed or we find a workaround. :) We'll confirm whether chats are running in this thread by the end of the working day (about 6pm).

Mike & the team
    Post edited by TheMix on
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited July 2019
    The Mix said:
    Also, just a note about last night:

A few of you will have noticed that there was a moderation issue that needed dealing with in Support Chat, and then chat closed quite abruptly. This is because the mod tools weren't working - ordinarily we would have removed that person and dealt with that issue a lot quicker. In the end, we needed to do something to keep you all safe and that meant closing the room a bit more suddenly than usual.

If you were there, please don't elaborate more on what happened for the sake of confidentiality. :)

The mod tools still don't seem to be working for us, but we're working on a fix as we speak. In the (hopefully unlikely) case that this isn't fixed by tonight, we may have to cancel because we need those tools to make sure chat is kept safe.

Rest assured though, it's more likely that it either gets fixed or we find a workaround. :) We'll confirm whether chats are running in this thread by the end of the working day (about 6pm).

Mike & the team
    Yeah I did notice that but I won't go into detail due to what you said. I hope that chat will be on. Please do keep all of us updated. I understand that it meant you had to close the rooms much more sudden due to the issue. Well at least I did notice an issue that meant a mod had to step in to the other chat room to deal with the user but they came back. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Update: chat is running and everything is working as it should. :)

Mike & the team

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    The Mix said:
    Update: chat is running and everything is working as it should. :)

Mike & the team
    Yes! Thank you. I knew that it would work. I was thinking of you for the rest of the day and it was positive thoughts. To whoever is coming to chat, see you later.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Hey Everyone, 

We have had a bit of a cover glitch tonight, so only General Chat is running. Sorry about this folks and hopefully we will be back up to full capacity tomorrow. 

If you do need support head over to our webchat service which is open until 11pm tonight.

Thanks
    Italia & The Team 

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld