Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What should I do? Think I found my old stolen bike

L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
so this is awkard, after getting my certificate after going back home I went out for a cycle ride.  I’m pretty sure I saw my old stolen bike with a delivery company that have been annoying me in the past. Where I locked my new bike up I noticed the bike locked up by my local river. I was about to get serial number but unfortunately the delivery guy came back and as soon as he saw me he cycled off. I tired to follow him but unfortunately my new bike had a mechanical fault. I posted on Facebook about it and someone replied they work with the local security. The akward thing is I don’t feel like I can talk to security due to previous incidents. 

Comments

• JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    @L100 Best thing to do would be to contact the police non-emergency number 101 to talk through your options as they are best suited to give you advice relating to this as it may be stolen property.

For your own safety, it might be good to avoid confronting them by yourself.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    Jordan said:
    @L100 Best thing to do would be to contact the police non-emergency number 101 to talk through your options as they are best suited to give you advice relating to this as it may be stolen property.

For your own safety, it might be good to avoid confronting them by yourself.
    Thanks and couldn't contact 101 yet because waiting till i get credit for calling and i know not to confront them as you never know if there armed etc..

But this is what happend the other day: 
    it's weird i also kind of realised that the other day that i spotted my old stolen bike locked up, i saw the rider go off on it (My helmet camera captured it with date and time) and and even though i have a new one. It was a area that had security. I was too afraid to talk to security in person however i went home posted on FB, to make my friends aware. Then i got a PM from someone who works in security and that if i spot it again to contact him or if he spots it he'll contact me. (i did recognize his profile pic as one of the security guys Weird how things turn out sometimes.)