Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Discharging myself from CAMHS

LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
Has anyone discharged yourself from CAMHS? I'm thinking about telling my cpn on Thursday that I want to discharge myself because it's just easier going to a gp if I have a problem.

Comments

• Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    If you think this is your way of moving forward then, I can't honestly relate to this as I've only been with camhs for my austim diagnosis and then left in the dark,

You need to have an strong think about where or not if this is your way forward, everyone on the mix will be here to support you when you have your down days and when all hope is losed, their are people out their that will care and support you,

this is the question you can answer only, deep down do you think you can manage your issues now and move on with life?

Hope this helps 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    That is really great that youre wanting to make those choices for yourself! :) youre in control of your care and hopefully theyd support your choice too if they feel they can. 

Have you thought about the pros and cons of doing that? 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    I manage my issues with CAMHS. They don't help so I might aswell be without them that is why I am going to tell my cpn tomorrow I'm going to discharge myself.
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hello @Sham

I haven’t had any experience of discharging myself from CAMHS, however I hope that it goes well for you and helps if you think that’s best for your recovery 💗

Butterfly x