Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Love Sucks

SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
Hey
I thought I was making progress and I guess I am? I mean I don't feel as bad as I have been. I got sad today because I realised I've not had a relationship in years and I know it doesn't matter but I feel like a freak who will die alone. I want to meet men but I'm scared. I'm even scared to speak to them in a casual way.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Skyee
I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2019
    Heyy!

Can hear you feel scared. Can be natural way to feel. I feel like that all the time and being judged. What's scares you about it? It's okay to feel scared about things, sometimes that's how we get out of our comfort zone into doing better things. Making goals and steps forward can be way forward. 

Great you made progress with how you feel:) I can relate to the fear of dying alone. Think may can. Can feel awful. 
    You seem like you know what to want and that's sometimes the hardest first part - to recognise. 

(love doesn't suck - love is a good feeling - its the potential challenges that come with love that suck:///)

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey
    I thought I was making progress and I guess I am? I mean I don't feel as bad as I have been. I got sad today because I realised I've not had a relationship in years and I know it doesn't matter but I feel like a freak who will die alone. I want to meet men but I'm scared. I'm even scared to speak to them in a casual way.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Skyee
    Hey Skyee

I still believe you are making progress, sometimes we can’t recognise our own successes but to me you seem too really be trying 💗

You aren’t a freak or are doing to die alone, because you’ll get there eventually. Building trust again with a gender or anyone can be really difficult... it’s understandable that you are scared to meet men. All I can say is take care of yourself and don’t push yourself to far because you will get to the point you wish to be at eventually, it just takes time 💗

Senidng so many hugs your way x