Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Really scared and worried

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hello, so I have been bidding on council properties since the start of Jan, I have been refused 3 properties in total, first 2 due to the housing association being worried about the people they would be putting me in a block with as I have mental health issues. They refused me a property yesterday after being given my new risk assessment at the end of last week. My risk assessment says I'm a high risk to myself and others. So now the housing association have called a meeting with staff at my hostel to discuss my risk if I was to live alone and to see what support I can have to live on my own in one of their flats. The only support people get after leaving here is floating support and even though I would have that in place they still didn't want me to have the property yesterday. Im not allowed to the meeting next week, which I'm not that happy about. But they need to discuss my risk, I'm worried as I Dont know what is going to happen I'm over the age of 21. I don't know whether or not to pack my stuff and leave. 

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Have you never had an adult social care assessment? When I was homeless and stayed in a hostel, I was waiting for my own property but they were concerned I was a risk to myself so I had 2 hours support a day with support workers. I know others who may have more visits though depending on need! Could help them feel more comfortable with you having your own place. Don't know if you have looked at supported housing either? I ended up getting a supported housing flat and then had my social care workers daily. 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Hey Jelly, thanks for replying. Ages ago I contacted my local authority to ask for a assessment with adult social services, they refused saying I need to contact the community mental health team as it would be those who deal with me. Long story short the mental health team are not fond of me, I don't have a cpn, haven't in almost 2 years, they refuse to give me one. Mental health services are shocking where I now live. I don't know what the housing association is going to say to be honest or what the next steps are going to be. 

Xx