Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How can I relieve the weight on me?

ellezeeellezee Posts: 12 Settling in
Over the last few months I've been feeling this weight upon me that I just can't seem to lift off. I've never been one of those people who turn to drink or drugs to have fun/relieve stress. I'm seventeen and my year group is basically separated into two halves. Those who drink and get high every week and those who don't. I've always tended to be on the side that don't as both my parents are doctors and have warned me off it. 

However lately things have been really difficult and tough for me and I'm getting really sick and tired of this weight that I just can't seem to be able to lift off. I'm becoming desperate and have been thinking of taking something to try and relieve it. Are there any other options? I've tried exercise, listening to music, cleaning my room and everything. Is there something safe that I can take? 

I'm becoming increasingly desperate. Every morning, every day seems like a chore to get through. Rather than living I'm existing and it's so hard. Please help! 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AngrySocialDolphinAngrySocialDolphin Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi Ellezee,

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling this way. I don't want to recomend drink or drugs as the answer as if you get drunk then it can sometimes make you feel much worse as its a depresant. and you'll get a massive low once any drugs start to ware off.

If it's possible see your GP and antideppressants can really help although they sound scary and can take weeks to start working.

Maybe if you can in the meantime sort out the root of where your stress comes from?

Hope this helps,

Jenny
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellezee (and belated welcome to the boards) <3 I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling this way:(

I definitely relate to what you said here:
    Rather than living I'm existing and it's so hard.
    When I say that, what I'm expressing is that I want to feel lighter, more free, have excitement and enthusiasm in my life - but instead, I'm feeling miserable and depressed. I was wondering what it's like for you? Maybe you can sort of relate to that, or maybe you feel numb and detached, as an example? <3

As Jenny said, drink/drugs isn't a very healthy way to cope. The thought of them can be really tempting, but it's something that never proves helpful and just ends up creating more problems. It's understandable that you want to relieve the weight you're feeling:(

We're here to support you, and please feel free to come chat some more about how things are tough for you <3