Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mental Health Support Resources

JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
edited May 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
Hey guys,

I have gathered quite a few websites that I have saved - they offer support and ideas of ways to help yourself with things like self harm, flashbacks, ptsd etc... hope you find them helpful :) 

1) This talks about the effects of trauma on the brain 
2) This talks about PTSD and some self help ideas 
3) This talks about grounding techniques (useful for flashbacks or distress)
4) This talks about distress tolerance (A DBT skill for coping with difficult feelings) 
5) This is the "thoughts room" where you can write down your feelings and they disappear (link to be added)
6) This contains distraction techniques for if you feel distressed or want to self harm 
7) This is the 5-4-3-2-1 technique for grounding 
8) This is the "Flashback Protocol"
9) This is about mindfulness 
10) This is more self harm distractions
11) This is about turning from self harm to self nurture 
12) This is even more self harm distractions! 
13) This is a crisis or stay safe plan template 
14) This is coping strategies

So there we are... these are all sites that I find useful when I struggle. I hope they are useful for you guys as well. If you have any other helpful sites feel free to add them below! 

The sun will rise and we will try again 
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    This is brilliant, thank you so much for sharing <3
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear
    I'm trying to click on 5 but when I do it says I have won a phone 🙄
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Sham said:
    I'm trying to click on 5 but when I do it says I have won a phone 🙄
    Sorry about that! When I get back on my laptop I will see if I can fix it 
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Thanks for theirs links, especially the self harm ones, I give them to my boyfriend and we both read them, we both struggling with self harm at the moment 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Ok it seems the quiet place has gone! Sorry about that guys 

@The Mix could you remove the link from my post? It wont let me edit it and I don't want people to click on what appears to now be spam 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Jellyelephant

I've edited your thread for you! Feel free to drop us a message with the link and we can add that in for you :) 

Take care,

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.