Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Heart beat being felt in different places.

davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
Hey all, 

Yesterday and today I've been hearing and feeling my own heart beat in my left ear and I can feel it in my left foot, I'm an little freaked out,

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?
Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Heyy <3

I'm of course no expert, and don't know what's happening - though I googled it just now, and nothing worrying is coming up. And I doubt you're in terrible danger or anything if it's been happening since yesterday lol. If you're concerned at all, you can always call NHS 111 and ask them about it :)

I don't suppose it's subsided since you posted this?
  • Options
    It is not as loud as before but it easier to feel in my foot I also have an heart condition as well, my friends think it's stress and axiety related. 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    I've also had heart palpitations recently as well over this weekend 
  • Options
    JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Hey @davcr0ck

Can't say I can offer any concrete advice on this one, but it's interesting your friends say it might be stress/anxiety related. Are there any similarities between your situations/environments when you have experienced the feeling in your foot and ear?

Also, might be worth having a look at this article to see whether you think any of these avenues would be worth pursuing... https://www.themix.org.uk/your-body/using-health-services/i-need-to-see-a-doctor-7667.html

Hope you're doing OK :)
  • Options
    It not the environment but more the situation, for example today I've been quite anxious and stressed because I've had two assignments to do and parent evening later in the day, and then later in the evening I started to get annoyed with my boyfriend and it started again. 
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @davcr0ck while I'm no expert I think it's pretty normal to feel/hear your heartbeat when you're feeling stressed out, when your blood starts racing it makes sense that your heart would need to pump harder.

That being said if it's still really worrying you as others in the thread have said you might want to consider seeing your GP or calling NHS 111 just to see what they have to say. Even if it's just to help calm yourself down it could help to get a professional's opinion about it.

Hope you're doing alright today. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Its may cause may have high blood pressure when anxious and a pulse near your ear or something.  but no idea. See a doctor if get really concerned though and feel wrong. As knowing if nothing is wrong may ease anxiety which may untimatly help with it a lil bit with the pulsing. 

Hope youre okay today. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @davcr0ck

I experience a similar sort of thing when I am feeling anxious and I have always thought it to be similar to an adrenalin rush, just in different places! I am absolutely no expert, so as everyone has said your gp will have the best medical knowledge to ease your concerns, however I wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this! We are all here for you, and would be great to hear how things go. Take care :) 
  • Options
    Hey all, 

I've got to phone my doctor tomorrow because one side of my face is swollen, so if I get an appointment with him I speak to him about it and also some other mental health things as well

Love you all, your all the best 
    davcr0ck 
  • Options
    davcr0ck said:
    Hey all, 

I've got to phone my doctor tomorrow because one side of my face is swollen, so if I get an appointment with him I speak to him about it and also some other mental health things as well

Love you all, your all the best 
    davcr0ck 
    Morning all,

So I spoke to my doctor about it and she said that's caused by stress and axiety and explains why I've experienced heart palpitations as well.

My face being swollen is just because of my really bad Acne so I've been prescribed some cream to manage them and possibly some long term antibiotics if it doesn't cause any issues with my walfarin,

She and the other doctor asked to check and feel around my penis and Testicle area, which was really odd and felt so uncomfortable on here doing it but she had too, so in an bit of pain down their but otherwise alright 
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @davcr0ck it's good to hear that your doctor confirmed that your heart issues were just stress and anxiety related, hopefully that's helped you feel a little better about things. Also good to hear that your face being swollen was taken care of too, be sure to let us know if you have any other worries! :grin:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @davcr0ck

Thank you so much for keeping us posted. How are you feeling now that you have an explanation? :smile: 

Take good care - if you would like to talk about stress and anxiety, or anything else, remember we are here for you!