Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Basically immensely confused on my sexuality

DanielDaniel Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
Basically im new hi im Daniel im 20 years old and the issue id like to discuss if anyone doesn't mind is a a few months ago i established im not straight and im fine with that (Admittedly there are complications which bother me) but i dont know what i am and i hate not knowing im not sure if im Bi or gay one day i feel like im Bi the other i feel like im gay and i hate the uncertainty how i see it can change in a day and i dont know what to say if i say im Bi and turns out im gay whos going to believe me it just feels like sometimes that with these complications im just going to end up alone its not like LGBT people wear name tags and it feels like its rare i just feel so alone sometimes.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    edited April 2019
    Heyy Daniel
    welcome.
     Im also 20. 

Youre definetly right in sense dont wear name tags. Some people dont know their sexuality and is okay. And i know that can be annoying to read cause i used to really wanna know answer too. (Im female and think like am i bi sexual or something or what i am & get confused) i still dont know lol and it doesnt bother me so much now - i think im probably just striaght and if im not i will just like who i like. And not be too concerned about it now. 

But youre not alone and lotsss of people feel like this too. It can be abit confusing.  & lots of people still dont know which is okay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DanielDaniel Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Thanks i appreciate that
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Daniel and welcome 

I think labels are the problem, really, because it's not really as clear cut as that. I feel similarly that I'm not really sure which label I would sit under - I've definitely fancied men and women but only been in relationships with men, so don't really want to call myself straight or bi because it seems like a bigger deal when there's a label!! My only advice is you do you - it's totally fine to be unsure or to change your mind and you won't be alone just because you are unsure! 

Hope that might help a little bit, and I know others who feel the same, you're most certainly not alone. 

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend