Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

People

NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
edited March 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
I don’t feel like I can say or be myself anywhere.
I fear that anything I say either gets misconstrued or ends up upsetting other people, when it does that’s just another thing silencing me.
Counseling is the only place that I can say anything but then I’ve reserved myself because of people being either offended or upset. 
I don’t know why what effect of what I say has on other people when I’ve sufferedy whole life of abuse, violence - why am I so bothered? 
You cant be free from trauma if it consumes you all of the time, so how can you (meaning me, third person again) move on or lessen the impact that trauma has over you?
I can’t heal from my past but then I can’t understand how to move on or address it either? 

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited March 2019
    It makes sense that you wouldnt wanna upset other people after suffering from abuse - know how hurtful things can be. 

NatalieMT said:
    You cant be free from trauma if it consumes you all of the time, so how can you (meaning me, third person again) move on or lessen the impact that trauma has over you?
    I can’t heal from my past but then I can’t understand how to move on or address it either? 
    For me - i dont think anyone "moves on" from trauma. To me "move on" & be "free" sounds like forget it ever happened and that it doesnt affect you at all. Would be great but for something really traumatic its also kinda unrealistic and the extra pressure makes it hard. It will always be with you and you wont ever be completely "free" from it. Which is sad but also not. Everything we go through in life, good or bad - we will not be the same person we was before it and does change you. You learn things.  But can heal so doesnt have such a massive scar.   So for me moving on means accepting what has happen and finding any positive out of it. And I think you have one massive positive and it also made you a really strong person. And finding a meaningful life despite what has happened and taking back control. Realising you have chioces & control now is actually quite empowering which i think is quite important. 

Hope was somewhat helpful. Think maybe just a load of waffle lool
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley