Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anxiety at work causing problems at home

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
I just can’t switch off the dreaded “I have work tomorrow” Feeling.
 I like my co-workers but I don’t think they like me very much as I can’t seem to make conversation with them, I try engaging in some conversation but get 1 word answers and nothing to build on. 

I feel like I’m constantly on edge in case I make mistakes and I feel I’m always making mistakes. 
Or don’t know what to do next in case I’m not supposed to do it even if it was the right thing to do the day before. This leads to me being moaned at.
 I feel really on edge and almost sick just at the thought of work tomorrow. I have spoken to my manager who spoke to my supervisor but it hasn’t seemed to make a lot of difference.

I honestly really don’t want to go to work tomorrow and feel anxious despite not even being there.

has anyone got any advice on how to feel calmer 

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey:)

Really sorry you're feeling like this:( And anxiety is horrible.

Of course, tomorrow is already here now (sorry nobody replied last night!). If you like, please keep us posted on how today goes - did you manage, how bad was it?

A few things that can provide me a tiny bit of comfort when I'm scared (I'm in a different situation but...) are:

• listening to music
    • slower, controlled breathing
    • hiding in my room
    • playing online games like car race stuff
    • exercise like running
    • etc...

Though I guess those tips aren't a long-term solution. If this is much of an ongoing problem, it would probably be best to work out the issue. If you feel anxious a lot, maybe you could see your doctor, or if you can't stand that workplace anymore, you could try to find a different job.

Much love <3

• One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Had a much better day today thank you Xx
    still had, had enough come the end of the day but I was much more chalmer than last night. I think it helped opening upto a friend and letting it all out. It was via message and I think I would’ve broke down on the phone. 

I’m still a bit worried about tomorrow mainly because I didn’t get chance to finish paperwork that was supposed to be done but I felt so drained come the end of my shift I didn’t want to stay behind to do it. So I’m probably going to be in trouble. 

I did take a few deep breaths before going in and that seemed to help a little. 

Thank you so much for replying 
    Just to add on I haven’t got an Anxiety disorder or anything which makes me think it’s work Thats causing me to feel like this
    First, anytime dude:)

It's good to hear today was better for you x And I'm glad you opened up about it to your friend - that can always be helpful and a relief.

Aw. Hopefully they'll understand, or do you think they're unlikely to? Regardless I hope you don't get in any trouble x

It def sounds like work is loading pressure/stress onto you:( If you could, would you want to get a different job?

Be kind to yourself, and you've got this remember <3
    edited February 2019
    Thank you so much, being honest despite it being a better day today I’m already dreading tomorrow 😑 

I’m expecting to be in a lot of trouble for not completing my paperwork but also they dropped it on me as I was leaving that I need to pick my activity for tomorrow. I left thinking “it’s just my key Children’s activity.” Which I already have there ready to be set up. But it’s just dawned on me “DID SHE MEAN GROUP ACTIVITY!!!” If thats the case then I have got nothing ready or planned at all!!! 

I’m really regretting not doing my paperwork as I have so many thoughts rushing through my head of how tomorrow will go!!

I don’t even know why I didn’t do it I just felt so drained and fed up. My plan was to go in early tomorrow and get it done before she gets chance to check it but she would still know as I would be there early! 

I’ve concidered phoning in tomorrow to give me chance to collect myself and maybe go see my GP.

but then again I’m terrified of calling in sick 
    And don’t see the point in seeing my GP if it’s work related.

I do find it hard working where I am while feeling like this and I am looking for other jobs at the moment but not found anything yet
    Sorry to hear this:( xo

I don't blame ya for not doing the paperwork - when you're drained it's pretty hard to get the will. It's a bit of a lose either way situation isn't it - you force yourself or risk getting in trouble!

Remember there's never too small/weird of an issue to discuss with your GP. Just telling someone who cares could be nice, and they may be able to help you. And taking a day/some time off could definitely benefit you. Being terrified to phone in sick is really hard though :/ 

Whatever happens, I hope tomorrow goes okay. I believe in you. <3 

Sounds pretty bad to be you right now:(

I wish you the best with trying to find another job.

We're supporting ya xoxo 
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    Hi there!

I'm sorry that things are difficult at work right now, although you've taken great steps in talking to us and your supervisor, and like Kathleen says, you can definitely go to your GP for something work related if you wanted to.

Phoning in sick can feel really difficult, I think everyone finds it hard, but try to remember there's nothing wrong with doing it. You want to be at your best to do your job, and if you need to take some time out then that's totally okay.

I hope things are a little easier for you today
    Caroline