Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cool/encouraging thoughts

Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
Hey my dudes. So, the title suggests what I'm about to say. There's some ways of thinking I try to take up when I feel hopeless, so I have a few thoughts that I find inspiring and reassuring, or just pretty neat. I thought I'd share them, in hopes it helps somebody in some way or just in case you're curious :)

• thought #1: Your existence is basically impossible, and yet here you are. If one of your parents had just moved to a bit of a different angle while doing the.. you know :grimace:.. Or done it at a slightly different time.. You probably wouldn't be here. It gets even more mind-blowing when you think about how it's the same for your parents' parents, and their parents; it goes all the way back. If just one thing had happened slightly differently in the whole of time, you could not exist. That's insane! (And of course, existence in general is amazing and terrifying, but let's not have an existential crisis rn).
  • thought #2: I guess within reason, you can, truly, do anything if you try. Again, not literally anything. But you - no matter who you are or how much you feel otherwise - have a lot of potential and capability. You may have to try thing after thing, approach after approach, do a lot of (possibly very hard) things. But if you try... I believe you can do it.
  • thought #3: You don't know what you mean to some people. I'm sure you've seen a good few people on the internet that you just get an awesome vibe from, but you didn't tell them. Well, if you use the internet, you've probably done that for at least one person. Similarly, that joke someone posted that had you laughing hard and you still recall it months later, but you didn't tell the OP that. Well, if you've ever made any kind of joke online, there's a chance that happened with you. People inspire us in all sorts of ways, it's just how we are and I think it's happening all the time in a way, we're just sort of unconscious of it. People have inspired me to begin using a certain word, or to type/word things in a certain way, or to just say "excuse me, can I squish by please?" in a certain way, the list goes on and on and on. And I don't doubt that you've inspired many others just by being you, whether they know it or not.

There's probably more! But that's enough for now. Dunno if any of those make much sense to anyone so I apologise if not. And if you've got any thoughts you find cool or encouraging, I'd really like to hear them if you wanna share :)

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Not mine but saw this on instergram - dunno if it fits the thread 💜

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.