Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Chat tips - what helps you when chat is busy?

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

We know chats can sometimes get busy which makes it hard to get support sometimes. I thought it would be a nice idea to make a thread where we can all share some tips of what you find works for you when chats get a bit busy :) 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :) 

Aife & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I tend to Take a break in GC - there always taking about some random stuff which gives me chance to cool down if I’m feeling abit annoyed  and go back to SC more around 9ish when it tends to be abit quieter 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    orr like today where both chats where super busy i just went and sat in the lobby where it litreally is quiet , just gives a chance for a breather 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    These are great tips @Millie2787 thanks so much for sharing. 

As mods, sometimes we do miss things when chat moves really fast so repeating what you've said can really help :) 

If anyone has any other tips feel free to share them below. 

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited February 2019
    Well this is probably a bit of an odd answer but basically in general i always get parniod that people dont like me and ignore me on purpose, - which can feel like it when busy,  so something learnt to do from dbt is to problem solve - that it is busy so i am not being ignored - instead of auto brain going to think that everyone hates me and i know that probably sounds obvious but lol im abit of selfish attention seeker so this is may not helpful to anyone else ahh 

But basically i mean i  just try be patient & challenge my thoughts about people ignoring me and read other people posts instead and see if i can support them
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley