Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi, my name is judgeged, my addiction trouble

judgegedjudgeged Posts: 1 Just got here
edited February 2019 in Drink & Drugs
Hi guys I’ve just gone through four weeks of withdrawal from a three year stint overdosing. My 4 week start to recover from these horrible pills has Ben everything from diarrhoea all day everyday for two weeks, emotional breakdowns every morning ( usually morning was worse) I would burst into tears everyday ( I still get really upset very easily). I started on the pain meds because I had spinal issues, I was finished from work ( retired due to ill health) and spent two solid years at home virtually never leaving the house, I gained a ton of weight and lost my physical fitness ( I used to ride my mountain bike regularly) I had numerous hobbies ( non of which I follow anymore). It’s been four weeks now the stomach issues are going but I’m left with a very flatulent stomach regardless of what I try to eat. I went through spinal surgery 5 months ago and I still get a lot of pain, but now I have gone cold turkey on my pain meds so my pain is completely out of control. I still suffer from my back and I’m under investigation to see if I need my spine operating again as the op wasn’t 100%. I’m still unemployed and in ESA benefit, but I have lost all my self respect and pride 

[edited by moderator]
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @judgeged

So sorry to hear what you've been through :( but you should be really proud of yourself for starting your recovery. 

Is there anything you would like to do now, to aid your recovery and help re-gain your self respect? Perhaps you could get out on your mountain bike if you feel you can, or take up one of your hobbies again? 

Sending hugs, I know you don't feel like it right now but you are doing great <3

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend