Send in your Oscars predictions to be in with a chance of winning a bag of The Mix merch! Visit this thread to see the categories we're predicting, the nominations, and to submit yours.
We’d love to ask you a few questions about your preferences when it comes to services and your experience with them. This will help us when it comes to shaping what our support looks like in the future. Please take our short survey for your chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher.

Hi, my name is .........

is it normal to feel depressed for no reason 

Comments

• kathleen0172kathleen0172 UKPosts: 692 Incredible Poster
    Heya @alis_haxr, welcome bud:)

Interestingly, I guess it depends what you mean by "normal" - it's not an easy state of mind, so if normal means healthy and there's no problem, then no. But many many peeps experience this, so if normal means fairly common, then yes. Feel free to start a thread in "Health & Wellbeing" if you'd like to talk more about this, and sorry you're feeling depressed <3

Take care!x

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 3,274 Ultimate Poster
    Hey welcome

How long have you felt like this?I think It is healthy/normal/natural to feel sad for a bit and not know why.  But Is only feeling depressed if its been  for awhile and consistant. - i think.

your life could be perfect, it could be shit or somewhere inbetween- regardles of how it is - your feelings are valid & dont need to justify it

If you think something is wrong is best to go see your gp. The NHS website actually have a quick self assesment thing you could try - its not a diagnose thing though as says only health professional can do that just an insight to possible symptons.
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/clinical-depression/ It also has a link on there to say the difference between low mood & depression which says the difference in whats a natural way to feel to compared when could need help
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/low-mood-and-depression/
    As I get older, the more I stay focused on the acceptance of myself and others, and choose compassion over judgment and curiosity over fear. ~ Tracee Ellis Ross