Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"Housework is the woman's job"

sozforhappysozforhappy Deactivated Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
edited December 2022 in General Chat
It's really unfair and stupid that people still say cook and cleaning and looking after children is the woman's job especially with married women. God created us all equally so men have just as much responsibility as women. It's so hurtful to be portrayed as weak and vulnerable. Simply cuz we're "softer" and "more capably caring" and "more mature than men". Its pure discrimination. Maturity and responsibility are two different things. Like even if the eldest child is a boy it's always the girl taking responsibility for things, and its the mum who always has to give up her career to look after children or juggle work hours to pick them up from school or leave them at day care etc (no wonder mums are so fussy and strict and snappy on good behaviour and tidiness) and the dad is allowed to work all day long and act so lax. Even worse that Muslim scholars also say it, that the woman's place is at home serving the family (tho that's no surprise as they're men too and most of what they say on these things is ridiculous and unfair). I thought discrimination was forbidden regardless of religion and it's meant to prevent it not emphasis on it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    littlegemzlittlegemz Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    To be fair I do a better job than the husband  :p
  • Options
    littlegemzlittlegemz Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    The missus does all the washing and most of the cleaning. I do all the cooking and washing up. We split it up quite well.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    sozforhappysozforhappy Deactivated Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    edited March 2019
    Saying that it's really to do with character traits isnt it, not gender. There's no such thing as "male or female character" (personality maybe, but not the former)
  • Options
    queenferociousqueenferocious Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    @littlegemz doesnt matter how rubbish men r at it it’s gotta be divided equally! Providing is also housework n looking after kids. Conditional agreement my ass
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
    I agree with that too @sozforhappy like housework should be balanced between a couple as it is easier and quicker to do. They say teamwork makes a task go quicker. Like housework and doing chores isn't just for a woman to do. Housework has to be done regardless of gender and age and religion. I hate that it often gets stereotyped.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    @queenferocious @Amy22 just closing this thread and it's almost 4 years old now, but feel free to start a new one yourselves. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.