Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Health Concerns..

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hello.

So I have a few health concerns, I'm too scared to get them checked as I don't want an MRI scan.

Firstly, I took testosterone for 6 months. Haven't taken it in months. For the last few months I've had pain in my cervical area/lower stomach and it's everyday now, I get scared incase it's my period when it's not. I don't know what it is.

Secondly, I haven't had issues with alcohol since the start of last year. But I did abuse it for years on and off before that. The last few months every time I drink I get pain in both arms, only for around 10 mins and it happens after the first few sips, with any alcohol.

Lastly, a few times a month I get pain in my lower back which spreads to both legs, I can't sleep or lie down with it. It eases when I walk but can be there for hours.

Anyone know anything about any of this? Thanks in advance x

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're struggling ❤
    I of course am not a professional so I can't say for sure, the best thing to do is to see your GP :)

It could be a few things, like  fibromyalgia, your periods coming back,  

I definitely recommend seeing a professional to be safe xo

best wishes 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2019
    I do this all the time - looking for answers on the internet to answer my health concerns. But what ive realise is only doctor can help really, as even if i had similar sypmtoms could mean completly different things and also doctor can try help with any anxiety or concerns you have in of any of it. Hope you feel lil bit better soon
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @KaydenK

Just as the two comments above have said, it's definitely best to see your GP. If you are able to explain your concerns around MRI scanning beforehand I think they will listen and understand, they won't make you do anything you don't feel comfortable doing <3

Hope it works out for you 

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend