Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Learning to like myself with & without make up

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2019 in Positivity Corner
Heyyy

——So Feel in a okay/weird mood so this is probably a compulsive post so that will do my best to not ask to delete after a few hours when I feel less complusive lolll. Atm I don’t care Anyway lol——

anyways I’m soo self conscious about having no make up on that I just think it would be awful if someone saw me when feel look so horrible - even my sister. 

Sometimes I couldn’t care less and should feel okay in my own skin

face with no make up ( I am putting it on spoiler cause I’d rather not see my face when clicking on a thread but still want to get my point across)

—I also want to get across that there is so many perceptions that can’t see in a photo.

Considering I have no make up on my skin looks okay ish. I mean my skin is okay compared  to other times atm, but in that photo I do look dead and horrible but on some days my skin is so bad with acne (idk if I have acne or is just normal tbh my sister said not but idk maybe I see it worse than it) and I have acne scars and in that photo if I took a photo of my face from the side you’d be able to see how bad my skin actually is. And atm I have allergy rashs and a few spots on the sides of my face that can’t see in this and maybe it’s the lighting too and my skin is usually more bad than that that would be able to see but there would only able to see if took photo of side of my face. I’m more comfortable with the face lots of people get break outs soemtimes and have insecruties that I don’t even like talking about ever. And not many peoples face are clear & is okay no matter what way and sometimes I’m too embarrassed to even have this convo on how I feel horrible about having out breaks of spots. But is okay and I don’t usually have rashes but ATm I’ve suddenly keep getting swollen eyes from allergy & I used to get more rashes that were asocated with stress & I have many insecruties And look horrible when I look at Instagram models lol.  And how my nose isn’t like that or my eyebrows or my face shape ect. But it’s all edited too & i don’t know why would be considered as pretty compared to others. & insecure about my body too, I am sooo flat chested that can probably tell that in the photo too but idc anymore. I think we should all love ourselves no matter how big you think your nose is or how bad you think your acne is or something. <3

But i also still wear make up to cover up it all, which is also totally okay, as long as it makes me feel more comfortable & doing it for more for myself rather than others, then I still like myself with make up & don’t have to be completely ‘natural’ to feel comfortable with yourself. I like how mascara makes me eyes a bit brighter and how don’t look like a kid & all that stuff. I wear liquid foundation powder foundation, mascara, lipsticks, eyebrow stuff and sometimes try to contour. 

And that’s all I really wanted to share. Don’t need to reply but yeah hopefully may help to others reading & hopefully can remind this to myself 

xxxx
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by Siena on

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    This is lovely Shaunie :)

Your skin is amazing without makeup xo
    You look fabulous in both so it is great to appreciate both sides ❤

I never wear makeup but I don't appreciate myself without, I always think about how maybe I should start wearing it? I'd love to try it and get good at it but I don't want it to be because I feel I have to if that makes sense xo

You're definitely right we should all love ourselves because what is horrible to one may be nice to another,  some what to be big chested,  some big Chested dream of having a smaller one. But none of that matters the only thing that does is the love for ourself because we'll always spend more time with ourselves than anyone else. We deserve our own love but that can feel the hardest to achieve.

I'm really sorry for rambling 😂 

I love this thread and I hope it provides you with some positivity when you need it xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Hugs @Laine

i completely agree and love this 
    Laine said:

You're definitely right we should all love ourselves because what is horrible to one may be nice to another,  some what to be big chested,  some big Chested dream of having a smaller one. But none of that matters the only thing that does is the love for ourself because we'll always spend more time with ourselves than anyone else. We deserve our own love but that can feel the hardest to achieve.

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie

Agree totally with what @Laine has said above <3

Honestly, you look lovely with or without make up and you also look like the same person either way (which probably sounds stupid but some people put so much on they are unrecognisable without it haha). I totally understand your skin concerns, Ive got v pale skin so for me it's veins/eye bags/etc... We've all got bits we don't like about ourselves but they are actually rarely visible to other people as standing out. The first thing I noticed in both pictures were your eyes which are such a lovely colour!!!

I wear mascara and eyebrow pencil most days just because I think I look more awake with a tiny bit of make up on but tbh I've forgot to put it on before and no one has even noticed, so I think it's more for me than anyone else - like you said its about how you feel not necessarily just what you look like. I love putting lipstick/darker eye stuff on when I go properly out as I treat it as kinda accessorising, but can't be bothered to do it very often :grin:

Glad to hear you are trying to love yourself either way - you are the same beautiful person with or without make up

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Thank you @Lucy307 <3 i agree make up is accessorising and just expressing you’re self more. 
     I feel like I look different person with out make up on, so good to know I don’t ahah. but that also just shows how our insecurities are enhanced and we see it as much bigger than actually is to what other people see.